speakers on a 750slt

i got a 95 polaris 750slt and i have been seeing diffrent styles of speaker pods people have put on there rides. i havent seen any on a polaris, and i was just seeing if anybody has done it on theres so i can get an idea.

Resident electronics hacker UnityRacing's Avatar
    +1
    I just today received a Pioneer CD-MR80D remote display that I'm planning on putting in the storage lid on my Virage, with the radio on top of the jetpump in a marine enclosure. Not sure what i'll do about speakers just yet, but I'm thinking some Kicker KM6LC's mounted on both sides of the hull. Have to cut for that, but you have to take the good with the bad. I also have an XM tuner and Terk marine antenna.

I was going to install all this on my Yamaha FXHO Cruiser, but I may sell that come spring.

Nice im thinking of doing my own speaker pods and putting in some of rockford fosgates speakers and fiberglassing my own sub inclosure into the holding tray spot to have some bass on the water with some crisp clean highs going across the water. But im waiting for my work to pick back up to do this.

+1
    I don't recommend a sub for the simple fact you would need an amplifier of somewhat decent quality to power it, and then you are putting a lot of strain on the skis small electrical system. Amplifier would need a larger battery which adds weight, plus the amp and sub add weight as well.

I think a radio with a decent enough power output and a pair of 6.5"s would be plenty without adding too much weight or power draw.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbilly View Post
    ... bass on the water with some crisp clean highs going across the water...
    Do you ride in areas without other people around?

6. +1 by:

I ride around on a lake thats filled with wake boats but they are never playing anything good. But i might just do a 6.5 component set. I got all the stuff i need other then fiberglass resin and speakers.

Banned User
    +1
    I ride around on a lake thats filled with wake boats but they are never playing anything good. But i might just do a 6.5 component set. I got all the stuff i need other then fiberglass resin and speakers.

Then build something that will blow those wake boats away. I hate those things. Blasting crappy music, making huge wakes, and otherwise tearing up small lakes. Bigger nuisance than any PWC ever was or will be.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post

Then build something that will blow those wake boats away. I hate those things. Blasting crappy music, making huge wakes, and otherwise tearing up small lakes. Bigger nuisance than any PWC ever was or will be.
    Jump those wakes!! I usually follow one of the boats for a bit playing in their wake. One guy got mad one time and started yelling at me when he slowed down. I came up beside his boat and cut it hard spraying him with a rather large amount of water. He tried to chase me down to no avail, so that was bonus fun.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by UnityRacing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post

Jump those wakes!! I usually follow one of the boats for a bit playing in their wake. One guy got mad one time and started yelling at me when he slowed down. I came up beside his boat and cut it hard spraying him with a rather large amount of water. He tried to chase me down to no avail, so that was bonus fun.
    Thats awesome

Thread Information