Stupid but have to ask, Shims Vs Spacers???????

2014 FZS with R&D Plate and grate and is bouncing. Now this is a stupid question but my english is not the best so before going crazy have to ask. I was searching the fórum to learn about different shim setups since the R&D brings 4. But the more I read the more see people talking about shims and spacers. I thought they were the same thing but see people saying things like "1 shim stock spacer" or "no shims with stock spacers", etc. I only have the shims supplied between my plate and hull, then what would the spacers be?????

Orlando, FL
    The stock spacers are the FACTORY plate/hull supports that come on the ski between the plate and hull. The R&D plate requires use of those. You then locate the r&d shim under the factort shim plate

3. +1 by:

Shit. I replaced the plate a while back and Just Installed rd plate and shims. does anyone have a pic of what the spacer looks like? Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spacer.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	349247
    number 9

Thank you both, will look for them in the box. Hope this is whats killing my top speed.

Orlando, FL
    They come stock from factory on your ski

Yes, I need to look for them in the box I throw everything I take off or replace in the ski. Thanks

Thank God found them. They are stuck hard to the OEM plate. Thanks Chupacobra and Ale.

10. +1 by:

I'm going to chime in here as also being confused about this as well. I have a 14 FX Svho and I just got my plate machined by Jim. What's the optimal shim/ spacer/ whatever setup for this? Thanks!

Tomorrow I will be trying spacers with no shim in front and one in the rear as it was recommended to me.

Thread Information