Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rf-d.e.s.s. Upgrade for 2013 gti se155

Does anyone know if the rf d.e.s.s. Upgrade can be done on a 2013 gti se 155 ?

Quote Originally Posted by katfish52 View Post
    I asked BRP this question a few months ago when they announced the new RF key because I would eventually do it on my ski too if they key ends up being a bit more reliable. As of right now their answer is no, I suspect it has to do with the programming of the key. In the future it may become optional. I have yet to look at a wiring diagram for a 2015 with the RF key to see how many/what color the wires are and if the system is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by RovitoRXPX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by katfish52 View Post
    I asked BRP this question a few months ago when they announced the new RF key because I would eventually do it on my ski too if they key ends up being a bit more reliable. As of right now their answer is no, I suspect it has to do with the programming of the key. In the future it may become optional. I have yet to look at a wiring diagram for a 2015 with the RF key to see how many/what color the wires are and if the system is similar.

Wiring is the same, but there is an extra 12v wire that needs to be connected, I did not look to see if it's a switch 12v or constant. It seems it would work on all of the bosch ecu's, in fact I did testing with a 2012 ECU and it seemed to work fine on the bench... The main problem is the new post does not have wires coming out, so you would have to also get the plug, pins, and wire it up by hand.... Programming shouldn't be a problem, buds and candoo both can read the key from the vehicle post for programming. The RF post acts just like the old style post from the software side...

I wonder how they will work in the real world, are they reliable? Will they hold up?

If there is enough interest, we may be able to put together a kit for retro fitting them.

Thanks Dennis .Ill just have to wait and see if its worth doing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDooPro - Dennis View Post
    If there is enough interest, we may be able to put together a kit for retro fitting them.
    As long as the price is reasonable, I certainly would do it. I know at least 3 of my friends would be interested too. Provided the new system isn't also plagued with the random..."reading key......" issue. It's a minor thing but in big waves or when trying to run away from the police, you don't want to wait

You should start a poll and see what the response is (as long as you include a price range).

+1
    Im in also for a few depending on price

You can count me in I'm very interested........

[QUOTE=arturoh1;2500327]You can count me in for a RF post for a 13 RXP.

+1
    I am also very interested !!!

+1
    Per BRP, they will NOT be offering any kind of update/back date kit at this time...Sorry!!!!!!

They say it will require a special harness and until the can get engineering to approve of this, they will not offer this.....They say maybe in a year.......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information