Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rxp215

+1

rxp215

Hi all I'm new to greenhulk and I'm from Sydney Australia I have a rxp 215 2006 model with the following mods
    riva rear air intake with pre filter
    Riva catch can
    external intercooler with stainless piping
    Riva thru hull exhaust ( no waterbox)
    groco strainer filter for (external intercooler)
    valves and retainers have been done
    C -KIT supercharger (16psi)
    60pound injectors seadoo centre 8800rpm ecu
    rrfpr
    solas (15/20) impeller
    worx intake grate
    umi Handel bars
    worx sponsoons

my question is I just purchased the ski and would like to know if you guys would add anything for reliability or proper care of maintaining a rxp with a c kit is it really a headache I hope not man I love this ski it flys so you guys know roughly what mph this setup can achieve thanks all your opinions will be a great help cheers C-kit

+1
    Your setup is capable of low 80 mph without a problem.
    As far as reliability, that always becomes an issue with the big superchargers. I have no experience with the Seasoo centre superchargers, but any s/c making that much boost is going to require slip moment to be checked often (every 10 hours or so). I would already hope you have an AFR gauge on the ski, but if not, that would be your first port of call. The engine will be short lived if you are leaning it out with that supercharger.

+1
    You also may want to run open loop system or most likely your thermostat housing will explode. leaking all of the coolant.

+1
    Thanks for ur help guys unfortunately my happiness was short lived today as I took my ski for a run and spun the lower bearing so started knocking not good I've had this happen with my old Rxp wich was stock but apparently this ski was rebuilt last summer so I got home and pulled it apart and yeah the crank is scored and block is damaged I'm hoping I can get it machined as I'm on the hunt now for a crank and maybe block not sure till I hear from the the machining place and and I had a look I do have the open loop cooling and opas block off but not afpr anyway I'm going to build it this time using stronger rods and maybe bigger sized Pistons as I'll have to anything else you guys Wreken I should do while its out

+1
    My mate had a look as well and noticed that my oil is very very thin and smells like fuel he had the same issue after buying his ski he had to service it every ride oil and filter due to oil been fuely he later found the froblem it was using a larger fuel pump from a BMW Z4 can't remember part number he replaced with a seadoo pump and didn't run rich no more so I'm guna check my fuel pump as well and there was a lot of oil in my hull I think the rear mani shaft bearing with below was leaking oil out and I lost my oil no lubrication so that's how the bottom went I think ?

+1
    Hey bud, I have had 2 ckits first one I had for about 20hrs and it tapped out and the wheel completely cracked, the 2nd one I only used it for about 5hrs and it was fine. Slip needs to be checked every 10hrs especially if your riding heaps in the ocean, I had my slip set around 14-15ft lbs. If I were you I'd be running a fuel pressure reg and set up an Afr gauge so you know If your running rich which sounds like you are.

+1
    Thanks mate I'll be doing this as I'm getting a rebuild done atm I'm putting carrilo rods and cp forged and oversized Pistons would you know anyone that's got a fpr is that the same as a rrfpr if not wats the difference and how much are they worth

+1
    I had a 2006 rxp with a bkit and was running 80-81mph consistently so 80mph with a ckit and that hull should be pretty easy as long as prop is pitched right and the Riva intake grate is the best for speed the worx grate is better for hook up and if your really chasing numbers speak to Jerry or Jim for a ride plate mod.

+1
    Rrfpr stands for rising rate fuel pressure reg, but you will not need it set up for rising rate. I had that same ecu and had the fuel reg set at 58psi but to be sure where your Afr's are at you should Install an Afr gauge. Jump on the online store and there's fuel regs available or if you want one quick call jetsports Qld, Sydney seadoo or Dans jetpower.

+1
    Thanks for your help I'll let you know how it goes cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information