1996 Polaris 780 SLX, Dry Box Mount Question?

Hey guys,

as the title states I have a 96 Polaris SLX 780 jetski; I'm wanting to buy the Hydro-Turf Dry Box (6in x 8.5in) in size. I was wanting to mount this dry box inside the front compartment. Was thinking about taking out the plastic cover that sit atop the gas tank and seeing if I could some-how mount the dry box to the plastic container. So when the plastic container is mounted back inside the front compartment, then dry box is secured down towards the front portion of the jetski. Has anyone done this? Was firstly thinking drilling some small holes into the very bottom of the box then sealing those holes and doing like a bolt and nut combo with the plastic container. But I recently thought well maybe heavy duty 3m velco or double side tape; but I question if that would hold?

Thanks.

Banned User
    +1
    Why mount it at all? Its a lot easier to remove the box from the storage compartment to get whatever it is out of the box you are looking for. If you want to keep it from bouncing around in there, Maybe some Velcro would work. This stuff would be even better than velcro. Holds much better and won't wear out like velcro.

http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-All-Wea...s=3m+hook+loop.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Why mount it at all? Its a lot easier to remove the box from the storage compartment to get whatever it is out of the box you are looking for. If you want to keep it from bouncing around in there, Maybe some Velcro would work. This stuff would be even better than velcro. Holds much better and won't wear out like velcro.

http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-All-Wea...s=3m+hook+loop.
    Thanks for the response, your link was helpful thanks for the insight! Much appreciated.

Devin

Thread Information