Cool Best intake grate for modded seadoo rxt215.

I have a 2007 rxt 215 and is modded to about 270hp. (its barely beats the 260's so I'm guessing its about 270 hp is that matters on this.) Not sure of what mods exactly, just told the mechanic make it fast. But pretty sure its basically a stage 1 with blow off valve. Do i need a top loader intake grate? what kind would be best for that amount of power? I have the solas concord impeller thats one or two pitch above the stock which is 14/19 i think? think the solas is 15/20. It still cavities like a mofo even with new wear ring just installed. Any info is greatly appreciated! thanks

Chris

+1
    You need to figure out the issues your ski currently has before throwing more parts at it. It should not burn the impeller from a standing start with the stock intake grate and the proper pitch solas impeller.

Wear ring clearance, impeller pitch/damage, peak rpm, carbon to stainless preload, engine aliment, damaged carbon, drive shaft alignment as it passes through the thru haul fitting and carbon setup, reduction nozzle size, impeller nose cone, motor mounts in good shape, attachment points in the haul for the motor mounts in good shape, any other damage?

Throwing some big boy terms at me there. Carbon to stainless preload? No damage that I know of, other than one of the vanes on the pump had a small knick that he sanded down. I take care of it and have it serviced as suggested. All the work done was done by a certified seadoo mechanic/friend, & i watched him so it, he even explained why he was doing some things he was doing, it all made sense. What would motor mounts being in good shape have to do with cavitation? If i took the stock grate off and gunned it & it performs better would that be a sign that i need a top loader? impeller nose cone was my next question, i see you mentioned that.

+1
    Before you get crazy, just check your wear ring to impeller clearance to see if it's in spec. "yes I did see it is new" check it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by chris31788 View Post
    What would motor mounts being in good shape have to do with cavitation?
    Possible damage to bellow and carbon ring, or drive shaft.
    Last edited by sn-95; 01-14-2015 at 01:50 PM.

I'll definitely double check it. It is literally touching though!! thanks for the help & replies! The more i research it, the symptoms sound like a carbon wear ring problem.
    Last edited by chris31788; 01-14-2015 at 01:45 PM.

+1
    In my opinion, every moderately to aggressively modded ski (regardless of manufacturer) needs a grate that will plant the ski.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chris31788 View Post
    I have a 2007 rxt 215 and is modded to about 270hp. (its barely beats the 260's so I'm guessing its about 270 hp is that matters on this.) Not sure of what mods exactly, just told the mechanic make it fast. But pretty sure its basically a stage 1 with blow off valve. Do i need a top loader intake grate? what kind would be best for that amount of power? I have the solas concord impeller thats one or two pitch above the stock which is 14/19 i think? think the solas is 15/20. It still cavities like a mofo even with new wear ring just installed. Any info is greatly appreciated! thanks

Chris
    Chris, do your ski a favor and install two items
    First, the Lucky 13 adjustable cone. Kiss cavitation goodbye and have fun with the extra performance. Have a look at the cone here in the forums store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2355

And a grate is a must have for any modified ski. For the 215 RXT I prefer this R&D grate
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=581

Hope that helps!
    Jerry

thanks Jerry! I'm going to order those & a new carbon ring.

Thread Information