Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Shoreland'r Trailer differences...

Hey guys,

I'll be getting rid of my Karavan trailer this summer and have decided to pick up a new Shoreland'r single trailer. I'm mainly not a fan of the Karavan build quality, wiring and with the torsion suspension just seems to sit very high, gotta climb up every time I need access to the ski. My question is which trailer would be best for my ski? I have a 14 FZR so about 11 feet long 900lbs give or take, and I mainly tow with a 4 door car.

Shoreland'r offers 2 single trailers and they both seem to be able to accommodate the newer couch style skis. Both trailers seem to sit the cradle very close to the ground thus lowering the ski position and making it more accessible out of the water. Just wondering if there's any advantages in going with a bit larger one rather than the smaller 1200lb capacity. I wouldn't mind a smaller trailer as it is easier to store but I'd assume the longer trailer would ride better.

I am interested in the PWC12S and PWC14L

http://www.midwestindustries.com/doc...chures/pwc.pdf

Any input welcome from people that have them as well.

+1
    The triton aluminum trailers are very nice. Easy to move around by yourself also. Torsion will ride smoother also. Nice and light.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    The triton aluminum trailers are very nice. Easy to move around by yourself also. Torsion will ride smoother also. Nice and light.

Indeed Triton makes a nice trailer but very overpriced, I got a good look at the Shoreland'r and for $450 less it is a much better buy.

Thanks

+1
    I had a galvanized shorelandr for about 5 years,nice trailer for the $$...the bottom cross beam did get a little surface rust(all saltwater use),but it was never an issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogzilla View Post

Indeed Triton makes a nice trailer but very overpriced, I got a good look at the Shoreland'r and for $450 less it is a much better buy.

Thanks

I have owned all of the major brands. For $450.00 more I will take my triton all day long. Don't have to worry about rust and it rides a LOT smoother down the road. The ski and trailer don't try to get airborne when they hit rough spots in the road.

Banned User
    +1

Thanks

I have owned all of the major brands. For $450.00 more I will take my triton all day long. Don't have to worry about rust and it rides a LOT smoother down the road. The ski and trailer don't try to get airborne when they hit rough spots in the road.
    +1,000,000

Buy a Triton and you will never buy a trailer again.

Love my triton.

+1
    Alright, you guys twisted my arm on this lol

I did some more searching around and found a trailer distributor in the area that was selling the tritons for a reasonable price, unlike the marine dealers.

Ordered a 2015 Triton LTWCI-X. I must say, it looks pretty sweet in pics and on paper! Can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks for the input

Banned User
    +1

I did some more searching around and found a trailer distributor in the area that was selling the tritons for a reasonable price, unlike the marine dealers.

Ordered a 2015 Triton LTWCI-X. I must say, it looks pretty sweet in pics and on paper! Can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks for the input
    You will never regret that purchase.....

Should have went for the torsion axle though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post

Thanks for the input
    You will never regret that purchase.....

Should have went for the torsion axle though.

I considered it, but I am not a huge fan of the way the Karavan rides with the Torsion suspension and also it seems like the cradle sits higher with the torsion set up as well. So I decided to go with the trusty old spring axle I'm used to from my previous trailers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information