Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Hmmmm, Interesting

Stolen from Green Hornet on the Riva board. What do you guys think:

http://www.electricsupercharger.com

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    similar things like that are all over ebay for cars... but the thing is, you would be inclined to use that on a vehicle without a supercharger already.... it's cheap forced induction..

by no means tho will that electric filter air thingy be able to push as much air as the stock supercharger... so in my mind there's gotta be a point where the supercahrger pulls alot more than that electric filter can put out and will become restrictive. that's my thought... i think it'll be huge gains in the hole-shot department because it will stuff the air intake with air even tho it doesn't want it, and when u nail that throttle it's gonna gulp it all up and haul ass, but once at WOT i think it will hinder free flowing air more than anything...

i could be wrong... someone wanna be a guinea pig!?

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    To push as much air as the stock SC does, it will have to be at least as powerfull as what the stock SC robs from the motor, if it's 20 hp (roughly 27 kW) it will have to have a power of 27 kW, which will be draining too much for the stock alternator, so you need to put a (much) bigger alternator that will rob much more than 20 hp to produce 27 kW because of the losses induced by the alternator...

And when I say much bigger I mean HUGE.

Pointless, might as well take the power directly from the crank to spin the blower via gears or a belt instead of taking it to load the battery to power the blower via a big alternator.

+1
    791 watts to produce a measly ONE psi boost !!?? Am I reading that correctly? A fart has a higher boost pressure !

The charging systems in PWC are marginal at best. They could never handle the extra wattage....just like 11 said.

Richard

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Junk, plain and simple.

There may be some out there that are junk. This one that I have put on seems to work. It does draw a lot of power from the battery though. May need to get a bigger one or another seperate one all together. I don't know what the long term will be. It seems pretty durable, yet to find out how durable. You should hear the whinning and whistling sounds coming from the engine compartment. It almost sounds like a jet engine between the 2 superchargers. :P

+1
    Did you notice an improvement over just the stock SC ? I would be surprised if that thing didn't block air flow volume at high rpm's and slow you down.

Richard

+1
    I would imagine this electric "supercharger" becomes a restriction in the intake tract as there is no way it can keep up with the stock supercharger which spins at up to 45,000 RPM's.

I can forsee this electric device working on a naturally aspirated engine though.

I know what you are thinking. I thought aayy if it doesn't work, hey I got a way to draw in cool air through for engine bay. It only comes on when I'm at full throttle. I rigged it the other way and just had it on all the time, that kinda kills the battery really quick. It doesn't seem to be restrictive it runs pretty well when its not on.

I think it is just supplying more air for the stock sc to draw in. When I was working on it I ran the engine with no filter. You can hear the sucking noise it makes feeding the supercharger. I don't know the exact science and numbers, but I am running 77mph consistently, before 75mph but I did hit 77mph once when the weather was cold. So I'm not exactly sure yet if its the weather or this thing. I would like to think its the e-ram because the speed is more consistent.

For those wondering I have a stage 2.

It works way better on my GPR although it doesn't sound right, there is something that isn't right.

i am new here.... but very familiar with turbo charging aircooled vw's......

WE LAUGH AT THOSE THINGS OVER AT WWW.SHOPTALKFORUMS.COM

you might as well good outside and fart in the wind...... cause it aint gonna do a damn thing.....

i really dont see that product holding 1psi @ 1000 cfm unless it is a huge drain on the engine charging system!!!

like someone already said...... guinea pig anyone????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information