+1

How to Winterize Your Sea-Doo Jet Ski

A complete 15-step instruction video on winterizing your jet ski. Performed on a 2012 Sea-Doo GTR 215 with iBR.

A must-see clip for all jet ski enthusiasts who want to keep their machines at the peak of reliability.

If you like our videos, please subscribe!
    Last edited by K447; 01-17-2015 at 04:33 PM.

+1
    Nice video. One thing I noticed and I'm guilty of the same thing. As I undertand it your supposed to remove the fuel rail and spray the fogging oil in the injector holes to protect the intake valves. Spraying in the spark plug hole oil will never touch the top sides of the intake valves.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for noticing and commenting on that. Chris and I still debate the fogging process. The service manual for my (previously owned) 2003 GTX had me removing the rail and spraying into the injector holes, and I used to do that. But the service manual for the 2012 GTR 215 has you spraying into the spark plug holes only, so that's what I do every time. I'm not sure why they made the change, but as I'm not an engineer (who writes these service manuals), I do exactly what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spalding View Post
    Nice video. One thing I noticed and I'm guilty of the same thing. As I undertand it your supposed to remove the fuel rail and spray the fogging oil in the injector holes to protect the intake valves. Spraying in the spark plug hole oil will never touch the top sides of the intake valves.

Great video, any chance you have the part numbers/quantities for all the parts that need replacing while doing the removal of the IBR, venture, and inspection of the other components? Is there a service kit for all these parts or did you just source them individually?
    Thanks,
    Andrew

+1
    You can source all your oem replacement parts from the online store..

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....artsfinder.htm

+1
    Sure, I can post the part numbers for the things that need replacing. A few things to note, though. The friction sleeves only need replacing at certain intervals, not every time it's removed. Also, if you replace the friction sleeves or the other nylon parts, you need an accurate and light torque wrench, as it's easy to over-torque these and break them (I'm speaking from experience). Lastly, I replace the screws (some of the ones you need to remove) the service manual tells me to replace, even if they're in perfect condition and there's no apparent rational reason for doing so. They come with Loctite already applied, so one would think you can just re-use the old screws with a drop of Loctite and Bob's your uncle. I don't know why, but this is not recommended (maybe someone out there knows?). Chris thinks it's a waste of money, but I always "go by the book". Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by drew76 View Post
    Great video, any chance you have the part numbers/quantities for all the parts that need replacing while doing the removal of the IBR, venture, and inspection of the other components? Is there a service kit for all these parts or did you just source them individually?
    Thanks,
    Andrew

+1
    Actually, I did post all the parts you need. You need to go to the 3ftDeep YouTube site directly and read the "Description" section for each video. The iBR removal video is at:

Quote Originally Posted by drew76 View Post
    Thanks,
    Andrew

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    fogging the intake valves direct are always a good idea, only takes a couple of minutes to do. I always do it.

The early seadoos had some valve issues as any corrosion that started between the seam of the valve head and the shaft would result in the head dropping off while the engine was run.

fogging oil in the plugholes might catch an intake valve open, but in my opinion, a good tech will pull the rail and spray oil onto the stems and seats of the intake valves directly.

I also use a candoo to trigger the injectors so I can observe the spray patterns now that these skis are getting a bit long in the tooth I expect to start seeing some injector problems in the next couple of seasons

+1
    Thanks for the comment, Pete. Any idea why Sea-Doo would change their Service Manual? Chris and I were debating this issue again last night - to no resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    fogging the intake valves direct are always a good idea, only takes a couple of minutes to do. I always do it.

The early seadoos had some valve issues as any corrosion that started between the seam of the valve head and the shaft would result in the head dropping off while the engine was run.

fogging oil in the plugholes might catch an intake valve open, but in my opinion, a good tech will pull the rail and spray oil onto the stems and seats of the intake valves directly.

I also use a candoo to trigger the injectors so I can observe the spray patterns now that these skis are getting a bit long in the tooth I expect to start seeing some injector problems in the next couple of seasons

Thread Information