Fishfinder install (lowrance 7 Touch) on 2015 SVHO FX Cruiser?

I am attempting to install an Lowrance 7 Touch HDS7 Chart plotter / Fish Finder on my 2015 FX Cruiser.

I have put on some Yak Attack Mighty mount with the "Full back" mount, on the sides, with the 1.5 Ram/Yak Attack Mighty Ball.

I put this location here as I did not want to put holes in part of the ski that would allow water to possibly enter the hull.

I think I have every thing set accept I need to run the battery cable, and am not coming up with any great ideas on how to run the wires up to the left side handle bars to the ski.

Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C8F6A7BF-A84F-4CA4-87F8-0890DF91299A.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	349701   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9C586DDC-7E1D-4FD5-9182-877733E4CD1B.jpg 
Views:	814 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	349702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8E4549E8-C5EB-4EAD-A911-2FDB1A6DEABA.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	349703  
    Last edited by EdwardHall; 01-16-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Not planning on using fish finder features just for navigation in new areas.

+1
    Did you ever have any luck gettting your lowrance 7 wired in? the 7 touch was the same one I've been wanting to add to my ski(also the same ski except it's a '14 model) and had yet to do it because I couldn't find a good spot to put it. Did yours work out ok? Was that a pretty stable spot to put it? Would love any info regarding if you felt like that was a good spot to put it and if you ended up happy with it or any more pictures u got with how u wired it thru the hull. Would greatly appreciate any info. Thanks!

Nice, and you can always add a transducer later.
    I was going to use my Humminbird, but decided to get the Blue Chart maps for my Garmin Montana.
    I also bought the lake maps, and hardwired it to the battery. The screen is kinda small, but it gets the job done.

+1
    Let me know how the mount hold up to the rough stuff. I have the sea HDS unit in my Raptor for Off Roading and want to rig up a mount on my 15 FZS. I was afraid the weight of the unit on the mounting point for the RAM mount ball would be a lot of stress when running in the rough water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    Let me know how the mount hold up to the rough stuff. I have the sea HDS unit in my Raptor for Off Roading and want to rig up a mount on my 15 FZS. I was afraid the weight of the unit on the mounting point for the RAM mount ball would be a lot of stress when running in the rough water.
    hey shooter. i was worried about the same thing on my fzr. the pics will show you what i did to strengthen up the mounting point of the RAM base.
    haven't had any trouble yet, its solid as!
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=230461

Hey Guys. I have just been swamped with work, and out diving etc. I have since started using the Ram Mounts with the Lowrance Elite 4. It's a lighter unit and seems to be working fine. I really use the unit in new or confusing places to find my way back. Now it's on to my hull build up, and to fix some gouges that I have picked up along the way to 40 hours on the ski.

Thread Information