Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Removing driveshaft.

Hi guys, do I need to take the bearing off the drive shaft to remove the driveshaft? My collar is seized onto the shaft so I need to free that and take the C- Clip out but in the manual on section driveshaft removel it just tells you to push collar back with a tool then remove C-Clip then it goes on to tell you about reinstalling then it goes onto the next section about VTS equip systems. But by looking at it surely the bearing would have to be removed!? Could anybody tell me what I need to do to remove the driveshaft from the hull compleatly please.

Thanks jamie.

+1
    bearing stays. You can either

1) put a short socket in the impeller then bolt the pump back up and try to knock the top hat back enough to remove the c-clip(don't be afraid to use a large pry bar and put some ass behind your mallet)

OR

2) move the engine forward enough to pull the drive shaft out with the top hat still attached.

+1
    you still didnt get the motor out?

Yeah yeah the motor is out and I found the problem mate but the shaft Is still in the hull lol I just need to get the drive shaft out and collar back so I can pull it through the back of the hull and clean it up.

+1
    if the motor is out why don't you pull it forward

+1
    If the motor is out, why don't you slide the shaft forward and out? There's nothing holding it in that way.

I sopose but wont I still need the collar off so I can re-align the motor with the alignment tools? I just thought by leaving it in place and fitting the jet pump this would allow me to knock the collar back with something. But if I get the collar back and remove the c-clip would the shaft just come out the back of the ski with the bearing still attached?

+1
    dude the drive shaft has 0 to do with the alignment tool. You cannot align crap with the driveshaft. You have have to have the pump support mount and the alignment tool made to go through it. Pull it out and junk it if it's that bad.

I'm telling you these things because I know what I'm doing, I've been there and dealt with this crap.

+1
    the shaft is coming out the front into the engine compartment. then you can remove the collar while its out on a work bench. sometimes you have to take the shaft out with the carbon ring and bellows because it doesnt fit through the carbon ring

Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    dude the drive shaft has 0 to do with the alignment tool. You cannot align crap with the driveshaft. You have have to have the pump support mount and the alignment tool made to go through it. Pull it out and junk it if it's that bad.

I'm telling you these things because I know what I'm doing, I've been there and dealt with this crap.
    No I wasn't using the driveshaft to align the engine lol, I need to order the alignment tools ( the alignment shaft and adapter and the plate that bolts the the back of the ski where the jet pump goes)

so im thinking, once I'm ready I fit the engine on its mounting points. Then I bolt a plate on the rear of the ski and feed the alignment shaft and make sure the engine is aligned. I then take the alignment tools away and need to fit my driveshaft. Will the drive shaft then just poke through the rear of the hull with that bearing in place?

This is the only thing I could not see in the manual as it just says to take the C-clip out :/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information