Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

2002 Aquatra F12 ECT fault code. any help guys ??

Hey GUys. We've got a Honda Aquatrax 02 F12 real tidy fresh water ski with 50 hours on it. It is throwing a ECT code (Engine cooling Temp sensor - 7 blinks). We have replaced the sensor with a good second hand one Still throwing same code.
    We Even put a new ECM -Brain in it. Its still throwing same code.
    We cleared the new ECM memory with a paper clip and re started it . Still throwing ECT code. Can anyone help? Got any idea what it maybe, something small perhaps. Anyone had this before?

We'd like to get a wiring diagram if anyone can help with this also.
    Any experienced help appreciated here guys.
    Thanks

+1
    Anyone know where to download a 2002 Aquatrax maunual F12 with ease and not get redirected to a BS website selling junk after I you have given CC #s etc??

I build Horsepower
    +1
    You can get the factory OEM manual at http://www.helminc.com This is the same manual the dealers use.

Shawn

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    You can get the factory OEM manual at http://www.helminc.com This is the same manual the dealers use.

Shawn
    Hey Shawn. It looks like you have too buy it and get it sent to you for $49.95. Is That correct? I haven't time to do this as i'm working on the ski overseas in NZ.Cant wait 2 weeks! Ideally I need to be able to download a service manual. The 02 F12 wiring diagram is what I need to trace a heat sensor code.
    Thanks anyway buddy .
    Any other reason an 02 F12 should show an overheating flashing icon after 30 seconds on the hose from cold. motors not even warm??

I have a pdf copy of the service manual. PM me an email address and I'll send it over. You'll have no problem sorting out the issue if you follow the diagnostic steps on pg 8-22

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    might be a wiring harness issue, might have to ohm out wiring could be plug is worn out also going into temp sensor

+1
    Is the cooling-water circuit or the filter not constipated ?

+1
    Thanks NFowler. They will be Great . Ill send you my email address!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NFowler View Post
    I have a pdf copy of the service manual. PM me an email address and I'll send it over. You'll have no problem sorting out the issue if you follow the diagnostic steps on pg 8-22

+1
    I do Remember a New wiring Harness was always a solution to many Honda Problems . I think the 'lower' being the most problematic one. So it Well could be correct !.,As we Have an Overheat signal coming up within 30 seconds of starting with plenty of water flowing . WE seem to have continuity in all suspected areas of wiring related to overheat sensors with resistance tests also within specs. So still confused !! Ski is low hour fresh water too.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDFZS View Post
    might be a wiring harness issue, might have to ohm out wiring could be plug is worn out also going into temp sensor

+1
    Hey guys just thought Id throw this out there. Ski is not actually throwing an ECT temp code anymore. By mistake a mechanic left another sensor unplugged when this code was thrown.

But With the FI Fault code in brain erased now. Its just flashing an overheat (thermostat) symbol on dash after 30 seconds of start up. Motor not hot at all and no FI codes. Still trying to figure this one out. I am thinking harness but would be nice to find the perfect way to check it. Even better find the faulty wire and fix that!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information