Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

blow off valve placement

just purchased a new blow off valve for our 2008 rxt thats been highly modified and is pumping out just over 320 ponys, and was wondering where the best spot for it to be placed would be, like before the throttle body or before the intercooler.

thanks Isaac

+1
    Hey mate first welcome and nice choice for a ski 320 ponys how did u get that figure and what mph does it do also were do you ride I'd love to see it in action any pics or videos

well c-kit to get 320+ horse power you talk to les cooke, and he'll highly modify your jet ski. I my self broke the law already on it as im only 15 and my max speed for my age is 15kmh and i got it up to 120 kmh very quickly and the water wasnt mill pond flat so id like to see how it goes then but the previous owner reckons he can get it up to 130kmh so ummm yeah shes pretty quick, getting a re-tune on moday and it'll better they reckon.
    im over here in western australia, Perth so for you to come have a looksy you've got a nice flight over, but ill get some pics for you and ill get some videos up soon aswell.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    ponies NOT ponys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    ponies NOT ponys

Remember, hes only 15....grammer is not important to him....

Would love to see some GPS numbers as well

6. +1 by:

+1
    Welcome to the forum.
    Sounds like a nice rec ski. Les Cooke is very good at what he does and well known for it. What charger does it run and how much boost? Reflashed ecu or Autronic? Where is the rpm limit set?
    You'll find this forum is filled with great guys with a huge amount of knowledge. It's the best place to learn what these skis are capable of and how to get the best from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonut View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Sounds like a nice rec ski. Les Cooke is very good at what he does and well known for it. What charger does it run and how much boost? Reflashed ecu or Autronic? Where is the rpm limit set?
    You'll find this forum is filled with great guys with a huge amount of knowledge. It's the best place to learn what these skis are capable of and how to get the best from them.

it has a les cooke c-kit supercharger with special les cooke washer, don't know what boost its running will find out soon as well as the rpm limit, the ECU has been reprogrammed by les cooke, will be getting a gps soon so ill share some numbers with ya. sorry about the lack of knowledge on the ski we haven't had them that long.

once again does anyone know where the best spot to place a blow of valve, like after the supercharger and before the inter-cooler or after the inter cooler and before the throttle body.

thanks Isaac

+1
    With cars I always put BOVs as close to the throttle body as I can. When I had the BOV on my ski I had it between the supercharger and intercooler to vent hot air before the cooler so you are not cooling waste air.
    Some people say BOVs are not good for s/c clutches. I only used one with an x charger for a couple of years and had no problem with clutches.

+1
    I have also ran mine close to the throttle body in my cars, but I really don't think bov placement is terribly crutial.

ok thanks guy will go put it n now.

Thanks Isaac

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information