Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Turbo or supercharger?help please

I found a guy selling a turbo setup for my rxp. Thing is I'm building a gprxp. Now I'm worried about reliabity. I like to go fast but don't wanna wrench or tune the ski every time I go out. So what do you guys think?

+1
    they both have their place, I would go turbo if you have the choice as you will never have to worry about the blower clutches again. The turbo will also be quicker with less boost compared to the blower.

+1
    I will say that turbo is not generally plug n play.

+1
    Ok what do you mean as in not really plug and play. Is it a lot of work to get it right. I know the washers go bad on the superchargers but if that's all I really got to worry about vs turbo issues. I don't know what to do. My ski was fast before I took it apart. Stage 2 with xcharger. Just don't know if a bigger wheel be dam near the same as the turboClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	349813

+1
    In short, swapping a factory supercharged ski over to a used, missing pieces turbo kit like the one you are showing is going to be a task and will present quite a few challenges but can be well worth it in the end. Don't forget electronics. The tuning/electronics is also going to come into play. The last turbo car I built drove me crazy on the dyno. I'm sure you saw that it comes with no intake or intercooler. It's definitely doable if you have the time and patience but I haven't seen any reliable turbo kits for the ski market that are simply PNP.

+1
    Yea I have a external intercooler already just picked up a ecu and got fuel pressure regulater and injectors. But they aren't big enough only 48s. I know I'd have to get air fuel gauge. Thanks for your input. I'm leaning towards the supercharger myself. Just thought I'd ask the guys who have been dealing with this forever.

+1
    If you have the time, funds and ability, hands down..........turbo. Nothing like free power.

+1
    Installing a turbo will help mid range-top end a lot. Might lose some bottom end pull, though. At the same boost, a turbo will allow you to make more power and actually stress the engine less than a sc. But it is far from plug & play. It takes a lot of work or money to get one put in. you need to mess with AFRs, custom intake + exhaust, probably an aftermarket IC, etc.

+1
    I'd go turbo. You can run whatever boost you like (within reason), no clutches to explode, run whatever oil you want, no buying bigger wheels to get more boost and you did say you like to go fast.
    Turbos aren't plug and play meaning you will need the mods to support it (ecu etc.) and you will need to spend time getting the tune perfect. Once its set up and tuned you are good to go with only normal regular maintainence.

+1
    With all the supported mods you should be fine with a turbo . My understanding a riva or a rotax racing ecu do the job .I have no experience with a turbo ski but soon will have ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information