What basic mods to do on my new 2015 RXPX?

Greeting from Toronto. First time visitor / poster on a PWC site. I got into jet skis last year and my first ski(s) was a pair of barely used, absolutely stock 2012 SeaDoo RXT 260 IS. I live in a city with 4 different seasons but I rode pretty much every other day during the season last year all the way into mid-November and will be riding more this year. My skis gave me a number of problems over the season and I hate the intelligent suspension (caused a lot of issues). Anyways, that's not why I am here..... I have ordered a 2015 RXP-X in red & black (not the Ronald McDonalds edition). I definitely don't need the suspension that I had on the RXTs and quickly discovered I am more of a performance and aggressive rider. My question is, what basic no-brainer performance modifications should I purchase? I know this question can involve ALOT of options / answers. I am lucky with my occupation that allows me to get out there and ride a lot. I ride a large lake (Lake Ontario) so never anything extreme as far as conditions go but it can get a little choppy out for sure. I have no intentions on racing and do not need the fastest ski on the lake. Just seeking basic mods that produce results and can lead me into possible further future mods. Forgive me if this a silly question that I could have found on the forum search or by doing a little research on my own. I am really looking forward to getting into this sport further and learning alot more about the technical side of it as well. Thanks
    Last edited by rxpxseason; 01-18-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Lake George, NY
    It is important to understand that you will void your warranty by modifying your ski. The first modification you should make would be to flash the ECU.

Cape Coral, Fl
    welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great guys on here that can share knowledge. I too have an rxpx and my sig will tell you how fast they can go for relatively little mods. The px is very easy to get to 76-77. A flash should be the first thing you should do, i went with the r3 from r and d but i wish i would have listened to everyone and went the vtech route as i believe its a better option. But basically a flash, 4 inch intake, R and d intake grate, and a prop you will be on your way to mid 75 range without an issue.

4. +1 by:

Thread Information