Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Give me your honest opinion please!

Thinking of buying a SeaDoo in the 1995-2000 range so theirs gonna be a mandatory rebuild (90% sure or the hull's gonna need some work E.T.C) My goal is to buy a SeaDoo Around November 1st, 2015 to February 31st, 2016. Im 14 currently My birthday is in May i will be turning 15, once i have turned 15 i will then apply for a job, hopefully i get the job so now i have a source of income plus birthday money, i will be working my but off until November 1st! Then i will go on Kijiji (Canadian Version of Craigslist) And i will be looking for a deal... As i am only 15 managing a part time job and school, Thinking between the 1000-2000$ Range, Once i have found the SeaDoo i try to Barter the owner down then i will purchase it with all the money i have saved up for. Then bring into my garage (i have a heated garage) Work on it all winter/spring. May of 2016 i will of had the rebuild done And legally can drive a boat/pwc, My summer will be the best summer ever! (Note: i will be taking a Grade 10 Mechanics Course next year) So basically I want your opinion's on this idea i have come up with, And Can suggest good rebuild kits trusted sites please! Thank you Jason .

+1
    Heck yeah. Nice to see a teenager have a clean, fun goal rather than shacking up in front of a video game or running the streets getting in trouble. You will also appreciate the ski more when you work hard for it. As far as trusted sites go, this is the one and only site that people frequent on the internet regarding the PWC lifestyle. Stay on the track you're on because you sound like you have a decent head on your shoulders.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

This is indeed the primary place to be. There are other web sites, consider them to be secondary and supplemental to Greenhulk.

Seadoo brand is ubiquitous in Canada as BRP sells the largest volume, by far. Which means there are LOTS of used Seadoo watercraft for sale. That said, there are other brands of watercraft, even in Canada

In your budget range virtually everything will be carburetor engine. One way to leverage a modest budget is to find a really nice machine in excellent condition, with the engine not running. A non-running machine often sells for very little money.

Sometimes the reason the engine is not running is inexpensive or simple to repair.

You get to do the diagnostics and repairs, of course.

Even if it turns out to need a full engine rebuild, you can do the rebuild yourself or buy a complete rebuilt engine and install it. In fact, for some of us this is the preferred approach, as you would then KNOW the engine is 100% good, with no question about how many hours of life are left in the old engine.

Thanks for the reply! I would rather be a Seadoo enthusiast than getting into drugs or sitting home all day, I would love to go days on end fixing up a decent rig, then enjoying my summer to the fullest!

Thank you!, i'm really excited i cant wait!, Hopefully the rebuild isn't to extreme as i'm lacking a bit of skill, but my dads always their to give me a hand when i need it. I find this guy to be very helpful hes taught me a lot of stuff so far!, Maybe even more then some of my teachers.

+1
    ^ that guy in the video is jokes

+1
    Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you have a great plan, and will learn alot with hands on restoration, and your upcoming course. If possible, perform a compression test on engine prior to purchase ( if its not already in pieces ha! ) This will tell you a lot about the engine, and estimated cost for future repairs that you can use during negotiations.

Rob.

+1
    find yourself a 96 XP if your set on a sea doo, great ski for its size, parts everywhere and super simple to repair and get help working on, in the mid 90's it was the king of skis, the Yamaha GP series is a great ski also, a GP1200r would be a great ski for you as well

Thanks Rob! I'll do a compression test for sure and post it on the forums!
    What compression am i looking for 120 psi?

Thanks! For sure I'm interested in the Xp And the spx/sp/spi And all those other ones! Really like this one: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-personal-wate...ationFlag=true But i don't have the money right now

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information