Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can i transport my Jetski with the cover on it?

Hello guys, I recently bought the Kawasaki cover for my Ultra 300x. I was wondering if it is safe to travel with my ski on the trailer and the cover on the ski. I do not want to find out the hard way, if the cover would flap, or fly off. If anyone has had expierience with that, or know 100% if it is safe to transport the ski covered; knowing so will be alot of help. Thank you!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    is the ski is CLEAN you can transport with it , thats what its designed for

the OEM kawi cover are a very good design and fit...Way better than any of the aftermarket crap

they only mark your ski if its salty or dirty....

1 OEM kawi cover lasted me 6 years and not 1 scratch on any of my ultras
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 01-22-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    is the ski is CLEAN you can transport with it , thats what its designed for
    Oh ok. Thank you. I just did'nt want to find out the hard way, and lose a $250 cover on the highway lol.

+1
    Towed my Ultra 300 with the cover on around 2600 miles round trip to Fla,I developed a tear where the the handlebars sit in the cover but might have been due to having aftermarket HBs( RIVA)that are slightly longer and don't sit to the contour shape of the OEM cover ,the wind and flapping probably stretched and tore..

If you have stock HBs might be Ok ,use the snaps that lock on to the rubrail and wrap a strap around up and around the ski if going long distance..

5. +1 by:

+1
    I never trailer with a cover on. Look at the hoods of some older GPRs or the mirrors on the newer skis. You'll see the marks from the covers flapping in the wind. It will wear away the finish. Even OEM covers that fit 'tight' still flap around.... IMO.

+1
    Don't cover your ride, I like to show off on the road! haha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    I never trailer with a cover on. Look at the hoods of some older GPRs or the mirrors on the newer skis. You'll see the marks from the covers flapping in the wind. It will wear away the finish. Even OEM covers that fit 'tight' still flap around.... IMO.
    I disagree.
    I have towed alot with OEM and never marked or rubbed anywhere.
    My other ski the last owner travelled with an aftermarket one, an yes did exactly what you said.
    The OEM doesnt flap around at all, if you pull the side strings tight and tie off around the winch post.

+1
    i would never tow one with a cover on even if my ski was clean, but thats just my personal choice

+1
    JetDave, I do the Florida trip to the Keys once a year, definitely an experience. And I as well have an Ultra300 with OEM cover. If you notice, they use a soft woven material that goes over the hatch and is sewn into the outside material. It is soft and didn't produce any noticeable scratches or wear to the ski. I didn't have the above mentioned cover rub through, but I do have factory bars and handles. My 03 12F has them which just formed, but that cover is well over 10 years old.

Also, as JetDave said you need to use the rubrail clips on each side, I think there are 3 per rail, this will allow the cover to be tight and those rear wind vents to work, which suck the cover down against the hull. This also help prevent wind flapping and any wear. With as much road debris as there is on 95, I wouldn't do it without a cover...

As a side note, make sure you have a spare, tools and I like to get one of those pre made hubs from the marine supply. They have the bearings in, greased and ready to go. No time to dick around with anything complicated on the side of the road..
    Last edited by K447; 01-22-2015 at 10:14 AM.

+1
    If you live in a dusty area, it will permeate through the cover and scratch or dull the finish. Even a factory cover will flap somewhat in the breeze and wear. Eventually, it WILL shred. I know.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information