Fuel Sender or Gauge Cluster?

Okay, here we go again with another fuel sensor issue.. I have read every article here about the senders going bad and Im not certain that this is my problem. Here is whats going on, the gauge is flashing fuel, not reading any fuel and the warning light is flashing too. I have checked for ohms on both the cluster and the sensor and its reading Mega ohms. I have also used a jumper from wire to wire trying to get the proper reading to the gauges, nothing. So then I cut of the connector plugs off thinking it was because they were corroded, that still did not work. However one of the wires is completely black, so I cut the wire back a few inches and still its black. I assume that the wire is corroded all the way up and thru to the gauges. I have read that if the sender is good that maybe the problem is in the gauge cluster. Im thinking that it is probably the wires leading up to the cluster. Do you guys think that the wire might be replaceable or?

Also to let you know the buzzer does not work so I replaced it and its still does not work. Not sure if this is a related problem, just thought you should know.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help or suggestions!

97 GP1200
    57 hours
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	349964  

Journal Entry 1- Today I cut more of the bad wire back, about 4 or 5 inches. I then reconnected them to the fuel sender and still I had nothing. Afterwards I connected the meter gauge wires to each other and voila the fuel indication started to read properly. Now I know its the sender, I will began to remove and diagnose this in a few days.

Thread Information