Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ET 137+4mm is it going to be a real pig on gas?

I have a 2014 rxt-x 260. I am considering using this wheel and what ever else is necessary to run everything safely. I will be using a v tech maptuner and data logger. I am guessing I will be running a 8600 rpm limiter? I don't mind it being so bad on gas but my concern is I like to take long drives and gas on the water can be hard to come by.

+1
    Not as long as you do not hold it wide open all the time. When you just cruise, you should actually see better fuel economy.

+1
    When you are just cruising around don't expect any increase in fuel consumption. It's when you are into the throttle and under boost that fuel consumption increases. With increased power output comes increased fuel consumption... takes fuel to feed that fire

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    When you are just cruising around don't expect any increase in fuel consumption. It's when you are into the throttle and under boost that fuel consumption increases. With increased power output comes increased fuel consumption... takes fuel to feed that fire
    So Jerry crusing speed will not differ much from stock?

+1
    You won't notice it crusing. I have days that I beat on mine, and it makes a difference from the x cnarger and especially a 215, but if I am going on a long drive, cruse it at 40-50 and you will not notice a difference really.

+1
    Not much difference at all. I ride with 2 other 2013 RXPX's almost every ride and my fuel is always reading about the same at the end of the day. If I ride pretty hard then maybe I use 1 bar over my buddy's stock RXPX.

+1
    If u are running stock 48 injectors with that supercharger u may max out those injectors ... Get the VT1100 injectors ..

been an there done that ...

+1
    Joe, as others have said you don't see the ET137 boost until around 5500 rpm +. It is a great SC but you won't be taking advantage of its true capability until you rev it up to 8750-8800, which is clearly the sweet spot on the T-X hull for pump and impeller efficiency! Having said that, you need the supporting mods to rev it that high such as fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump upgrade, 1000cc injectors, AFR monitoring, springs & retainers, air intake, grate, impeller, and most importantly replace stock flywheel bolts with ARP's. The stock 48 # injectors will be maxed out on duty cycle around 8600+ and cause all kinds of fueling headaches that cause lean conditions. You need to identify what your true goals are and set out a solid plan!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHER View Post
    If u are running stock 48 injectors with that supercharger u may max out those injectors ... Get the VT1100 injectors ..
    I ran out of injectors (48lb) with my stock X charger. Got to the point I was not able to control AFR anything past 80% throttle..got dangerously high. It may have worked in the past for some older skis but I think 60lb injectors as a minimum if you are turning above 8500 (sea). IMO: With a 137+4...mandatory injector and fuel pump upgrade!

+1
    Proper fuel tuning will also have an effect on fuel consumption.....Get the tune right and you wont see a drastic increase in fuel unless you run it WOT for long periods of time...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information