Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

I need a switched port in the fusebox - and which cable?

Here ist the fusebox of my RXT-Xas 260 Model 2014.
    Because it is not a "is" - I have two fuse ports free.
    No.1 = IS CTRL 5A
    No.7 = IS 30A
    both is not in use at my "as" Model.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuseboxdeckelbig_kl.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	350101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuseboxbig_kl.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	217.9 KB 
ID:	350102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fusebox_kl.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	222.8 KB 
ID:	350103

I need a switched port for the Inovate AFR-controller power cable.

I suppose I can use this No.1 port.
    And I suppost this No.1 port is such a switched port.

Can somebody confirm this?

So my next question is - what connectors from Seadoo I must order for
    my "as" Model 2014, to go in the fuse box?
    Is it part No. 295 100 359 ? or No. 295 100 434 ? or another one?

Name:	IMG_0822.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	350104
    Last edited by hkss; 01-24-2015 at 03:04 AM.

+1
    Your post is very similar to mine. Except if those pictures you posted were taken by you you have everything you need. You're looking at the wrong fuse openings you want 12v ignition switched and you have everything you need to make it in that picture. Look at the fuse box cover all your answers are stamped into the surface. Use the short jumper wire to go from D10 to E10 then take the long wire and plug one end into F10. Install a five amp fuse a crossed E10 and F10. The other end of the long wire will be your fused ignition switch 12v. If you look on the bottom side of the fuse box the rows are stamped A through H

+1
    The two part numbers you listed are both bilge pump kits I'm guessing that's where those wires came from. Unfortunately when I look at the picture those wires look like they are for a 2010 fuse box they are not correct for your fuse box wrong style of terminal end.

+1
    Thanks a lot SWGTR, I am looking now a long long time at the fuse box cover, but I cannot undestand where you see this letters "D10", "E10", "F10". I can only see nummbers 1-19.

+1
    The letters are not on the top the letters are on the bottom Side where the wires plugged in. If you look at the pictures you posted Spin the Picture of the fuse box 180° so that the relay is in the upper left corner. Start counting from the top that first row of fuses is row A and B. The next has three jumper bars that is row C. The next one with the one for long jumper bar is row D. You will need to carefully pull that long jumper bar out. I can see in the picture you have one empty spot it is number 10. With the jumper bar removed carefully push the little rubber seal out through the back. Insert one end of the short jumper into the D10 opening from the back. The next two rows with the fuses are rows E and F. I can see from your picture you have one unused fuse location that is E10 and F10. Push the little rubber seals out from the front. Insert the other end of the short jumper into either of those holes it doesn't matter which one but I would recommend E10 for consistency. Take a long wire which will be your ignition switch fused 12 V and stick it in the remaining hole. Put a five amp fuse in the top side of rows E and F. If you go down to the last row that is row H. If you remove the bottom right-hand jumper from row H I believe you will find another empty spot. You can use this for ground by adding a wire terminal in there.
    The problem you're going to run into is the wires you have in the picture are not correct for your fuse box. You will need to find the ones for the 2012 and there were fuse box.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Don't forget to put the jumper bars back in when you are done or nothing will work.

+1
    Thanks so much, that you are writing so much. Normaly I have a lot of problems to translate in geman. But what you write I understand 100%.
    Now is clear - it is a similar procedure, like I do at my car years bevore.

Yes I must find the right parts/pins for this fusebox.
    I found another part no. in the parts catalog 515177246 it is named with "female terminal".
    I must ask some dealer if they know if it fits.

Thanks again for your help!

Name:	Fuseboxbeschriftet.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	350190
    Last edited by hkss; 01-25-2015 at 09:51 AM.

+1
    For 2011 and newer skis the part number from Riva Racing for the harness to make a 12v ignition switched feed is RS11090-SCOM-11-W. $14.99

Jerry this would make a nice addition to your store.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Unfortunately that part number is incorrect it will not work. I ordered it from Riva it looks identical to the 2010 harness in your earlier picture. Terminal ends are incorrect and will not lock into the newer fuse box also the wire seal is too small to seal the fuse box. It is possible it was miss packaged or miss labeled part number. Yes I did try it to make sure that it would not work and was not just a different terminal. It's slides in fine but does not lock in place. If you try to use it inserting the fuse will push the wire back out.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    I hard wired a gps into the fuse box this year using a riva kit. Will get the part numbers when I can get on my computer.

as far as where to wire them, I'd look at the cruise control installation instructions and wire in a similar fashion. Again, that's what I did for my gps. I also wired in the cruise. FYI, when they say pull the bus bar straight they mean it. I had mine in and out a few times installing different things and on the third time it was slightly misaligned pulling out and broke a tooth. Only $3 to replace, but the downtime sucked.

edit - I also used weather pack connectors between the device and the fuse box in case I need to remove anything later. What I bought for reference - http://www.ebay.com/itm/321186429193?item=321186429193&viewitem=&sspagenam e=ADME:L:OC:CA:3160&vxp=mtr

Cruise control instructions which will add some detail to fuse box locations
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/forms/295100455.pdf
    Last edited by RGUN; 01-31-2015 at 04:59 PM.

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information