Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Running High Boost with a Stock (TJ) Exhaust?

Who here is running high boost (20#'s or more), with only a "TJ" modded stock exhaust? I do actually like having the exhaust in place to have a "sleeper", and to not deal with the extra noise when just out cruising & not running wfo.

Just wondering if the added back pressure, when combined with high boost & rpm's may possibly lead to detonation or be a hindrance to max speed potential?

+1

Thumbs up

I know of several guys who run my exhaust mod with a 18# boost wheel with out any problems. However if you are running more than 20+ pounds of boost I would try to use some type of max free flow exhaust system since this should be a all out race/performance engine any way. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I know of several guys who run my exhaust mod with a 18# boost wheel with out any problems. However if you are running more than 20+ pounds of boost I would try to use some type of max free flow exhaust system since this should be a all out race/performance engine any way. Tommy Jordan
    Thanks for your response & insight Tommy. It's nice to hear directly from the source.

I was running right at 20#'s with my previous ET18 wheel & the "TJ" ehxaust. It was unreal having the holeshot & mid range hit while still being so quiet. I may be one of the few who prefer the silent but deadly approach, but at least now we can have a line in the sand where everyone really should be running a free flow..

Banned User
    +1
    .loiie pop lollie pop o lollie lollie pop
    Last edited by Rocketman; 01-27-2015 at 08:29 PM.

+1

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Really??? Now we have a line in the sand....... I dont think so. Tommy Jordan has never run a boat with over 20 pds,,,and like so much on this forum a guess is taken as fact. Lots of guess,ers stating as fact things they have never tried or heard somebody say that had no clue and it gets repeated over and over and becomes fact..... Good luck with that.lol
    he never said he ran high boost in his post if you read his post it says "I know several guys who run the mod"

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDFZS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Really??? Now we have a line in the sand....... I dont think so. Tommy Jordan has never run a boat with over 20 pds,,,and like so much on this forum a guess is taken as fact. Lots of guess,ers stating as fact things they have never tried or heard somebody say that had no clue and it gets repeated over and over and becomes fact..... Good luck with that.lol
    he never said he ran high boost in his post if you read his post it says "I know several guys who run the mod"
    Rick White to the rescue!!!!!! LOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOOLOOLOLO rotflmao!

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    learn how to friggin read before you post......^^^^^ hav . great day pocket rocket

+1
    I had made a long rant post here last night about Kerry being a smart azz at times. I then decided to take it to pm instead of keeping unnecessary drama here.

Edit - Kerry took the time to send me a very well worded and insightful pm. I was sooo wrong about him & his intentions. A couple of members contacted me last night to say he was a really good guy & they were right. So my apologies to Kerry for snapping like a rice crispy & making my misinterpretations personal.

After getting his point of view, I can now take the actual intention of his posts in the right context.
    Last edited by WP3223; 01-26-2015 at 08:07 PM.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I had a run-in with him.....he's not too bad of a dude if he can get past the entitlement thingy he has going on when he is on this site, You race you have won......who cares, be helpful not a dick

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information