Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

05 waverunner vx upgrades?

Hi, just wondering what people have managed to do to the vx waverunners for performance upgrades?
    ( I know I shouldn't have bought a vx if I wanted power but it was cheap) any one ever had the ecu re mapped? My buddy remaps vehicle and says he has the tune for a 2007 vx but not 2005, would it be the same? And also this ribbon restriction in the manifold, is it really safe to do? And worth it? Thanks for any help and info 👍

+1
    Ribbon delete is safe but not worth much on a VX. There is not really much worth modding on the VX. Just ride it and enjoy.

+1
    I had good luck with an R&D air filter, ribbon delete, and a R&D grate and pump plug kit. Grabbed 2-3 mph and it handled a good bit tighter.

4. +1 by:

Yes 2-3mph would be nice but I'm really chasing a little more bottom end, did your grate and pump kit help with getting out of the water any quicker?

+1
    Oh definitely. I did those upgrades simultaneously so I don't know what each change did. Overall though it was out of the water a good deal quicker. Make sure you don't have any oil in the airbox. Overfills on those are common and it really kills the top 500 rpms and thus acceleration.

That's good to hear, I noticed a little oil in my air intake pipe not to much tho, I'm unsure exactly how to check the oil level as Iv read its a little tricky.

+1
    I have a 2012 VX Deluxe. Checking oil isn't that bad. Just two things. Check it when it's been run and warm. Second, it has to be level. Either floating in the water or level it on the trailer. You have a low and high mark on the dipstick. I keep mine in the middle and haven't sucked in any oil even on rough rides. I had saved an empty gallon Yamaha oil container that I use for oil changes. You'll only suck out about 2 3/4 quarts of oil that I measure in the old container. I only add what comes out. If you have oil in the intake pipe, check the air filter. I didn't do any mods because of what others mentioned. I just ride it for what it is. There is no sleeve to purchase if you do the ribbon delete but I guess you could run without it with maybe just a little air turbulance. One member here had a machine shop make him one. I didn't think the expense was worth going from 53mph to 55.

Thanks for the information, appreciate it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadekelly View Post
    Hi, just wondering what people have managed to do to the vx waverunners for performance upgrades?
    ( I know I shouldn't have bought a vx if I wanted power but it was cheap) any one ever had the ecu re mapped? My buddy remaps vehicle and says he has the tune for a 2007 vx but not 2005, would it be the same? And also this ribbon restriction in the manifold, is it really safe to do? And worth it? Thanks for any help and info 
    Wade, have a look at this kit for your ski

RIVA RPM Kit for 2005-2012 VX110 Waverunner

RIVA Replacement Performance Air Filter is installed. Directly replaces the stock paper element delivering performance through greatly improved air...
    RY-RPM-VX110 $603.80
    Sale: $543.42
    10% discount

Do you think this is all stuff I can swap my self in this kit? I usually do everything my self but is there any specialty tools required?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information