Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Repair

Repair

I have a 2013 300x. I hit a stump by mistake and messed the bottom of my ski up. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix it?

Banned User
    +1
    Can you poke all the way through at any spots?

No it's pretty solid just pelled the top off

Banned User
    +1
    Well in that case you could go with some short strand "kitty hair" to fill the void, sand it flat and paint. I had a buddy that ran mine up on the rocks as bad or worse then what you have there and its been fine for quite some time now.

+1
    I have to do the same thing this spring. I hit some damn rocks when the river was low. Luckily, I have a friend who works at a stereo shop building fiberglass speaker boxes everyday. Gonig to go to the hardware store and some color-matching gel-coated paint and let him go to town.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10952108_10204616363961688_553302944_n.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	350351

+1
    The Kawi hull is pretty tough, if it is only gel coat peel.
    It is easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    ...I had a buddy that ran mine up on the rocks as bad or worse then what you have there and its been fine for quite some time now.
    jcwilds, sorryto hear this happened but glad to hear its easily repaired. These Ultras are tough as nails. A few battle scars just build character. However, Id sure hate to be the guy who borrowed Mikes 300 and returned it with that kind of scrape! Mike, Im curious how that went down. You let friend take for a spin, 20 minutes go by, then the cell call: uhh Mike I think I may have slighlty nicked the hull but dont worry its not like it sunk or anything and its safely perched here on the rocks and Im not hurt which is all that matters, right?

Banned User
    +1
    Long holiday weekend and i keep it in the water on one of those little floating docks so I didnt even notice untill the next day when he called me and said "hey uh i got a little close to the rocks and may have hit a little you should check it out" it was more like 2 seperate 4' gouges, one which took off a whole section of chine.... story came around later he actually had the whole thing out of the water on the rocks! hahaha. You always worry about letting your friends borrow stuff and tearing it up but he took care of it and is still one of my best buds. You're right though in the end Im just glad no one got hurt

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwilds View Post
    No it's pretty solid just pelled the top off

Take your time applying epoxy and or fiberglass , sandpaper with finer and finer grits try feathering in with the rest of the hull before you prime and paint...

When you one day you sell your ski it should you pay back by keeping it's value with a good professional job as a new potential buyer will look under the hull and see normal scratches from beaching but not see an ugly patch of hull damage....

Glad it's not that serious. Anybody have a link where I could buy some kind of kit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information