Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Triple outlet fuel pump location

Iv been seeing lots of things about where to put the fuel pump. I mounted mine where the stock single outlet pump was located. And after rebuilt carbs, most of motor, all fuel lines, and countless other things it still seems to intermittently bog not at full throttle, only when i slow down and get back in to the throttle or when i turn. Piston was is pretty good, plugs are chocolaty brown. Iv ran out of ideas but i recently saw that theres a possibility that i have the pump located to high and this could be a result. Any imput would be greatly appreciated

thanks!

+1
    I've mounted triple-outlet fuel pumps (roundy ones) on 3 different 750s... in the stock, rear-side of the flame arrestor position and never had any trouble with bogging on any of them. The pulse line to the fuel pump and fuel lines to the carbs are all kept short as can be so they lay and loop well (no kinks, etc.).

Are you running the stock jets? stock mixture settings on the Hi/Low screws? Did you test your pop-off pressure on the carbs?

Cheers!

-Tested pop off pressure a while back and it was good.
    -Iv upjetted it due to adding a different flame arrester and reed spacers.
    -Iv adjusted the setting trying to get it running right, its helped but not fixed, it helped my piston was results.

and like i said sometimes i can go fine and others itll bog intermittently. Definitely when i slow down or in turns it does

Banned User
    +1
    You may need to go with a bigger low speed jet. Did you change those? I would try going up a size on the lows. The less restrictive flame arrestor makes everything leaner.

No i just went up on the highs. Its just weird how its not everytime i go it does it... its off and on, could that still sound like the jet issue. but definately WOT it runs great with no hiccups.

Banned User
    +1
    It could be differences in air density on different days. It might be close enough to where a cooler day is enough to push it over the edge. I would try going 1 size up on the lows. I had to do that to my SL 650. Look up the Mikuni carb tuning guide. That will tell you how to figure out which carb circuit to adjust.

+1
    Check your fuel select valve. I see MANY of these with restrictions, not only on Polaris, but Old SeaDoo's Yamaha, etc. You can temporarily by pass it to test.

Could also be an air leak.

Honestly, knowing you have gone to aftermarket flame arrestors, I am betting it is a Jetting / tuning issue.

I guess i will bypass my fuel selector valve, and what size do yall suggest i move up to on the pilot jets?

+1
    They are sized in increments of 2.5. Depends on what is in there now. If you have 75's, I would order 77.5's, 80's, and 82.5s and install the 80's to start. I usually order jets one size smaller and larger than I intend on trying for flexibility and to save on shipping costs. The jets can be had for around $3 plus shipping, but shipping will run around 5-6$. Plus you will have the next sizes on hand instead of waiting around for the mail again.... ! When you are done, if you don't want the unused jets.... shoot me a PM and I'll make you an offer......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	350875Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	350876 Switching out the low speed jets and figured id put a pic up of the chips on my reeds. They seem to seal fine still, just wanted to make sure something that small wouldnt be a problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information