Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question What tools Will i need?

What tools am i going to need to rebuild a SeaDoo? Engine Lift, Special tools, What am i going to need? (2 stroke rebuild) Thanks Jason

+1
    Really nothing real special. If you do not have a lift you can use a home-made harness rig & a hand crank come a-long. Then for the exhaust, and engine part removal you will need a good set of Metric sockets & some metric wrenches. A few hex keys .... believe it or not nothing ... really nothing special. It would help very much if you down load a manual. most of all do not be afraid to start removing parts .... your learning curve will improve very fast as you build up confidence. There are a lot of How-To DIY videos & threads on here that will provide a great deal of know how. Then if you get in a bind you can always shout out ... help will come your way. Good Luck.

Sounds good! I how would i make a makeshift engine lift?

Use ratchet straps and secure them something to lift it or if the engine is not too heavy lift it out with a buddy. have fun

+1
    2 guys can easily remove most 2 stroke engines. I do it all the time. Biggest trick. Take pictures as you remove each part.

6. +1 by:

Okay, thanks both of you!

+1
    These guys didn't really help you much... lol. They covered engine removal, not rebuild... I guess the removal is as far as a lot of guys get, hence the skis all over craigslist with the parts all in cardboard boxes.
    If you want to put it back in right you will need an alignment tool, a degree wheel for rotary valve timing, perhaps a rotary shaft removal tool, impeller tool to pull the pto flywheel, a steering wheel puller(717,657,587) or special 40mmx1.5rh puller (787,951) for the mag flywheel... i'm sure i forgot something... oh yeah, the service manual, read that, it tells you everything you need and step by step how to do it... seadoomanuals dot net...

+1
    Ok, so you want to over load this guy. I was taking the simple approach and not wanting to scare him off but let him know if he is willing rebuilding a engine is & can be a DIY job. You can even rebuild this engine with out pulling out .... ask me how I know. You do not know if he needs to pull the fly wheel ... not sure he will need a wheel puller. If he does the top end it can be done while still in ski ... thus, no reason to remove engine mounts ... and there for no reason to separate the PTO cuplings/shaft. He does not even need to remove the prop or pump housing to do the rebuild unless he wants to work or change out the prop. So lets just see what his plans are and let him decide how difficult he want to make this rebuild.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Ok, so you want to over load this guy. I was taking the simple approach and not wanting to scare him off but let him know if he is willing rebuilding a engine is & can be a DIY job. You can even rebuild this engine with out pulling out .... ask me how I know. You do not know if he needs to pull the fly wheel ... not sure he will need a wheel puller. If he does the top end it can be done while still in ski ... thus, no reason to remove engine mounts ... and there for no reason to separate the PTO cuplings/shaft. He does not even need to remove the prop or pump housing to do the rebuild unless he wants to work or change out the prop. So lets just see what his plans are and let him decide how difficult he want to make this rebuild.
    ^^^so says the yamaha guy trolling through the Seadoo side because there is nothing going on over there... roflmao
    Doing a top end IN the ski is not something i personally recommend...further, if the ski is over 10 years old i'm at least going to do crank end seals if i am spending the $$$ on a top end... it only makes good sense.
    As far as the alignment, even if it's not been taken loose, id do one because i promise that those mounts have changed over time, rubber shrinks or swells depending on environment which equals the engine losing alignment over time...
    Also... only 2 Seadoo models that i know of have PTO couplings... that's a yamaha thing... a PITA yamaha thing...

Thanks For the information, ill see what i can get. Can you also check out My other post http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=227793

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information