Raider questions

Hello all. my first post here. i rode a raider last summer and LOVED it. i'm really interested in buying a one, but i have a few questions that i hope some of you can help me with.

how well Raiders ride with 2 people on them? i expect that performance would lessen, but is it really bad?

how long (roughly) does a fuel tank last? (realizing it will very on how hard you ride).

what is an estimated top speed (in flat water) on a stock raider and how much can performance be improved with mods?

are mods simple and easy?

any other general info or advise you can give me on Raiders will be REALLY appreciated.

THANKS,

by the way, sorry if these questions have already been answered a bunch of time.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome!

What year and engine raider are we talking about here? 701, 170 or 1100?

Tell us more and we can point you in the right direction. What engine, where and how do you ride, what's the water like, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    Welcome!

What year and engine raider are we talking about here? 701, 170 or 1100?

Tell us more and we can point you in the right direction. What engine, where and how do you ride, what's the water like, ect.
    i believe it's 1994, 1100 engine and i ride in a place called the california delta. in northern california about 60 miles east of San Francisco. it's this huge network of waterways that are like narrow rivers. it's similar to lake riding. fresh water. flat water.

Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar
    The first year for the 1100 was 95, if its a 94 its the 701, but it could be a 95...does it say 1100 tripple on the side or have you checked in side to see what it is? letting us know, we can help you out alot!

Glad to see that you had fun on it! They are a blast. They are really meant for 1 person even though it is a 2 seater. They get very tipsy with 2.

it's certainly a 1100. it says 1100 on the side. so it must be at least a 95.

Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar
    ok, than it probably is a 95. They are good skis. They did handle quite as good as the 96 because on the 96 models they moved the sponsons up a little to give them better handling. But most reason why people gets raiders is not to handle. A stock 1100 will do about 57-58 MPH. This is real speed, not what it will say on the spedo. So they are good quick ski, especialy back in the day. With mine, I ride it hard sometimes and sometimes I dont. I can get a whole day on a tank a gas (but this means I'm not riding all day) otherwise if I was constantly riding I could get about 3-4 hours on a tank if I rode it nice. Riding it hard all day you will get about 1-2 hours.

Welcome Workhorse, you came to the right spot , there are a lot of us here,and will give info when we can, I think code man summed it just about all up.we love these skis,they lend themselves easily to mods, and parts are pretty plentifull...

THANKS for all the info and the warm welcome! i look forward to spending time here.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    The ride 2 up is brutal in choppy water. The flat bottom combined with the fact that you can't stand to absorb the impact of waves means your back will be hurtin' Also, it is verry tippy with 2 people, and the weight capacity is only 300 pounds or so.

It also has a tendency to toss the rider at speed for no apparent reason. This can be minimised with an extended steering nozzle, but it is not a machine that excells in the chop. The tradeoff is that on smooth water, it is one of the fastest hulls with the least HP.

Search around. Lots of good tips and tricks have been posted on hopping up these beasts.

we are ready to help spend your money as soon as you are

Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    we are ready to help spend your money as soon as you are
    cool, thanks!

and thanks for the info on the chop. i was just going to ask how it ran in rough water.

Thread Information