Thread: Driveshaft???

+1

Driveshaft???

Hi boys
    need some advice again ,, took rxpx 260 13 model out today , has only 6 hrs on new warrenty motor , been running in all fine , got out to the end of bay today , stoped to talk with mate , , put reverse to talk , went to go foward And heard a click and the revs went to 3 , and started vibrating , got it back to beach , doing 5 kmph , any higher it vibrated ,, I looked at the drive shaft coming out of hull and it didn't look centered also wear ring has some new groves now ,, what do you guys reckon , did the mechanic not tighten the motor alignment properly and it moved out of wack , or bearings ,, I thought it may have sucked something in , but after inspection , that looks like the main problem , the motor did not throw any faults or go limp mode , motor still good , ,,, charger sounds good , but impeller is noises and shaft looks out ,,, any advice please guys
    Last edited by Chrisf; 01-30-2015 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Accident post twice

Banned User
    +1
    Take it back under warranty again.

+1
    Just took it back this morn ,, still wondering if a motor can move out of alignment and cause this prob , as they may try say it was just a prop problem , I reckon something moved as the drive shaft is not , center ,,, I've always been a yamaha rider on bikes and skis , only bought this 3 weeks ago , and had motor replaced now this , hopefully they sort it out , are the new seadoo reliable if all little things are fixed , or do they get heaps of shitty probs all the time , my yamaha , fxsho had no issues and was so reliable ,,, , having only riden 5 times and being in shop 2 times , man I hope my luck changes hey

Interested in how you got on. I have a 6 week old RXPX260 that has 6 hours on it and it did the same thing as yours today. Will be going into the dealer first thing Monday.

+1
    It had broken mounts ,,, apparently , but how they could break after 8 hrs run in , is beyond me ,,, I reckon it wasn't aligned properly and he tried charge me for stuff up by saying mounts , anyways there was a stick in prop , so that stuffed the wear ring ,, they charged me for all that shit ,,, took it back on water had small cavation on low revs ,, so I pulled the pump off my self to see ,, They put it back on with a broken pump shoe , and the impellor rubber was torn as well. , I would be nice to have honest mechanics hey ,

Banned User
    +1
    Best quality control for mechanical work to your PWC is when you service it yourself. Good luck and happy riding.

Mine was a stick the size of my little finger wedged sideways between 2 impellor blades! New wear ring and we're going again.

Thread Information