+1

V-TECH maptuner on RXP-X 2013 with ET137 !!!

well im posting this thread to share my experience on v-tech maptuner, and all i can say is that it's perfect

i got all the help from the V-TECH guys , and specially from michel , and i would like to thank him aloooot for his help .

parts on seadoo RXP-X are , ET 137 wheel , fuel pressure ragulater , 1000cc injectors , a complete open loop system, riva exhaust system, riva ram air filter , and a solas 15/19 .

i got the V-TECH maptuner because i had a riva athena ecu and it got damaged and riva guys cant fix it .

when i was using the ski with athena i had a ton of problems , ski was always rich and it had a hard time when starting the ski up , my best rpms with athena was 8650 rpm .

now with the V-TECH im turning 9100 rpms , and the ski starts perfectly.

im ver very happy with V-TECH and this forums store for helping me with the sale
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...&cPath=180_193

cheeerrzzz 

+1
    oh I forgot !!!

my speed was 83 mph

cheerzzz ������

+1
    Yea, for those not wanting to spend the big bucks for the MoTeC, the VTECH is a very sweet system. I'm extremely happy with mine. If you haven't already done so, I would strongly suggest the VTECH data logger.

Is that 83mph from the dash gauges or actual GPS unit?

As for that Athena setup, we had nothing but issues when we got the very first batch of Athena's available (black billet ECU). We went back and forth and finally gave up on the unit as we couldn't get the basic thing from tripping iBR or CEL. Never had any tuning issues with VTECH. I only wish (and so does vtech) that they had better documentation or videos. However, many of us on GH have it so help isn't far away.

+1
    I'm looking forward to getting my vtech setup awsome job op!

+1
    Agreed VTech has been great for me and simple to change maps as I have upgraded. With current setup with a cam, ski fires up with a single push of the start button!

+1
    guys i need your help on how to raise the ignition timing in v-tech map

anyone played with it ?

sanfish the speed is from a garmin GPS , i dont trust the ski dash gauges cause they are not accurate .

The stock GPS is very consistent. At least on the 2012 and later skis, it is simply calibrated to report 1.5 MPH high. That works out to about 2.5 KPH That is the reason lots of people ask, "GPS or Dash" At any given time, I run about 3 GPS that all data log at 1/10 MPH resolution at 10 samples per sec.

Andy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by isa alnoaimi View Post
    guys i need your help on how to raise the ignition timing in v-tech map

anyone played with it ?
    I have. However, you should only be doing this if you are running the vtech data logger. If you are, then while in the maptuner software, click "Map editor..." Select your project (or click new project if you haven't done so), edit, then in the drop down menu choose "ignition advance 1"

NOTE: You will not be able to get into "Map editor" if you don't have a data logger. While it is possible vtech can enable map editor without logger, you will be playing with fire.

As a tiny small bonus with the vtech data logger, the factory GPS speed is actually logged accurately and you can view details after logged. But as Andy pointed out, the dash is calibrated (by design) high.

BTW: What base tune are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    At any given time, I run about 3 GPS that all data log at 1/10 MPH resolution at 10 samples per sec.
    You are a data nut - I mean that in a good way

A friend will let me borrow their VBOX Sport and may play with it... That tool would be amazing in a CC race situation! Then add the ability to read live data logging over the internet with the vtech box (but at only 1hz), include a 2-way head set to the crew on shore

Not F1 by a long shot but..
    Last edited by Sanfish; 01-31-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by isa alnoaimi View Post
    well im posting this thread to share my experience on v-tech maptuner, and all i can say is that it's perfect

i got all the help from the V-TECH guys , and specially from michel , and i would like to thank him aloooot for his help .

parts on seadoo RXP-X are , ET 137 wheel , fuel pressure ragulater , 1000cc injectors , a complete open loop system, riva exhaust system, riva ram air filter , and a solas 15/19 .

i got the V-TECH maptuner because i had a riva athena ecu and it got damaged and riva guys cant fix it .

when i was using the ski with athena i had a ton of problems , ski was always rich and it had a hard time when starting the ski up , my best rpms with athena was 8650 rpm .

now with the V-TECH im turning 9100 rpms , and the ski starts perfectly.

im ver very happy with V-TECH .

cheeerrzzz 🍻🍻🍻
    Have you done retainers or a valve train upgrade?

Thread Information