Thread: Leak problem

Leak problem

Iv just recently free flowed my exhaust and removed the airbox, and on the first test ride I thought I would pop the seat at the ramp just to make sure all was good and noticed a steady stream of water coming in from around this shaft bearing housing seal?? It's coming in from around the brown goo.
    Now it was coming in quite rapidly and already had taken in more water then the very little I had drained out the weekend before, not sure why it happened suddenly but is there an easy fix? ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	350505

Leaky shoe pump.

Yes Iv done some research and see it is very common, I am going to attempt to pull it apart under the instructions you have previously posted on other threads, shouldn't be to hard

Also one more unrelated question but now that I have pod filter and free flow exhaust I can seem to hear the engine note a little better and it seems that when pulling full throttle to get out of the hull the ski engine redlines? Then once up it is fine..... Is that normal? It feels to be pulling out of the hole alright.

Its spinning just a little faster then it should be now. When i modded my vx skis, i also repitched the impeller ever so slightly

Thanks for the reply, I have re sealed my leaking shoe housing (thanks to your instructions) and now it has gone away, I think maybe it was pulling air into the tunnel from the leak into the engine bay and causing it to slightly cavitate on take off?

Thread Information