thermal barrier coating on pistons/valves/combustion chamber?

hi guys,

is there any benefit to thermal barrier coating pistons/skirts, valves and combustion chamber when doing a rebuild to future proof the engine and promote longevity? not aiming for massive boost but like to keep my options open.

i intend on doing an extra water cooling line and the lucky 13 cooling block but with an extra fitting next to cylinder 2.

pistons are $55 each, combustion chamber $66, springs $11 each and valves $11 each...seems to add up rather quickly especially if i do a dual valve spring kit.

this site has great info
    http://www.cicceramic.com.au/coatings/piston-coatings

thanks

+1
    Unless your running some serious hp and comp its not worth the time and money you could put toward other parts like a set of forged pistons, they will be ample enough. I know alot of drag motors ceramic coat the piston tops to help prevent detonation. Fordged pistons are tough as nails to start with. Personally i thing ceramic coatings are great but with a rec ski i wouldnt worry about it.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I thought about cryogenic treating my rotating assy.

I intend on buying cp forged pistons and having them coated. The main goal is to reduce as much heat as possible. Couldn't find anyone to do cryo to get a quote from

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fx_sho View Post
    I intend on buying cp forged pistons and having them coated. The main goal is to reduce as much heat as possible. Couldn't find anyone to do cryo to get a quote from
    Look online. There are a lot of places you can ship to that do the cryo treatment if you can't find a place locally. Just noticed that you're in Australia, so shipping to the US might be spendy, but Hughes Engines does Cryo treatment. I've had work done by them (not cryo treatment), and their work was solid and delivered exactly what they advertised. I had some head porting for a small block Mopar done by them, and had them flowed by another local place, and the flow numbers were spot on what they advertised. www.hughesengines.com

Thread Information