Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does fogging really foul plugs?

My dealer told me that since I fogged my ski I would more than likely have to replace the plugs in the spring.The ski is a 2014, so the plugs are new. Has any one had a problem with their 310x/300X needing new plugs every year after fogging?

+1
    Are you talking about fogging the SC after each ride like most of us or fogging directly into Valve cover to preserve engine internals for seasonal storage?

Wouldn't be a bad idea to put in new plugs regardless after a season of 40hr plus hard riding ...

Take a good look at those plugs,normal on these hi temp engine SC skis would be a grayish brown on the ground electrode

Banned User
    +1
    To amswer your question, yes if you spray enough in there to bog the motor you can foul a plug.

That being said if you spray that much your intercooler could probably use a clean out too.

Cr9ek is an ngk plug that works great and is only about 5$ if you dont want to buy the 15+$ iridium ones

+1
    i doubt you need to replace them any oil on them will burn off i have skis with 150+hrs still on original plugs. like mike said it may need an i/c clean if they are fouled. also a slight water leak can effect them.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Are you talking about fogging the SC after each ride like most of us or fogging directly into Valve cover to preserve engine internals for seasonal storage?

Wouldn't be a bad idea to put in new plugs regardless after a season of 40hr plus hard riding ...

Take a good look at those plugs,normal on these hi temp engine SC skis would be a grayish brown on the ground electrode
    I am referring to spraying into cylinders for storage.

+1
    same deal if spraying in there leave the plugs in loose

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    never a problem for me IF my customers follow instructions. The fog oil can be burned off.

Tip-after fogging, pull plugs and clean oil off so spring startups will easier. I use brake cleaner.

Don't use mechanical cleaning on high dollar plugs..likely ruin em. Same with a heavy hand installing them. ruin your day.

+1
    I also have not "personally" seen any problems. Even so, worst case, I tell people plugs are less expensive than internal engine parts.....

+1
    That dealer should stick to what he's probably good at "selling"...

Leave the maintenance and servicing to mechanics who work on these machines ....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    To amswer your question, yes if you spray enough in there to bog the motor you can foul a plug.

That being said if you spray that much your intercooler could probably use a clean out too.

Cr9ek is an ngk plug that works great and is only about 5$ if you dont want to buy the 15+$ iridium ones
    CR9EK Pros and cons versus the PMR9B? I fouled out a plug in my Ultra 260 a couple of summers ago the night before a charity ride and I went to every auto part store in the QC looking for the PMR9B plugs. Came up short. NOBODY carried these plugs. So I sat out the weekend and ordered new plugs onlline. They are crazy pricey. Wish I would have known about the CR9EK as I bet I might find them in an auto part store here and there. Not to mention half price. It was great in the Polaris days as the BR9ES plugs are $1 a piece and you can find those anywhere hahaha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information