Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2006 gpr code 15

well after several attempts at fixing my issue im stuck.

2 saturdays ago took the ski out it ran great 72xx something rpm. The next day took it out road around for awhile Check engine light came on. went back to the beach popped the seat off and noticed i had left the flush port open. Water had been coming out the pissers so i dont believe i had hurt anything. Got back to the house checked the code it was a 15 (engine tempature sensor) code. cleared the code, ran it on the hose at the house CEL came back on, same code. so looked up sensors specs. the ETS needs about 10k ohms at 195-200 degrees, So made a harness to plug in to the engine harness, fired up no CEL. Yesturday went to do some water testing launched, idle over to the beach cut it off, and it would not restart, CEL back on for code 15. Tonight did some more work, ohmed the sensor, at air temp, then in boiling water. Sensor seems to be working properly. Performed a continuity test from sensor plug to the pins at the pcm plug tested ok, did the wiggle test on the harnes. Have continuity on the v-ref wire bl/or, and contimuity on the signal return wire bl/y. Also ohmed the ECT, and exhaust temp sensor and they are with in manufactor spec.

Im lost and need help, any ideas?

NExt step is to a dealer, but its boat season in florida and i dont want tobe with out the ski for at least a month or more.

Thanks, Dave, Ross, and Jim for the help so far.

Hey Steve, i have all the sensors you may want to try them before going to a dealer. I have engine temp and all 3 sensors on the rail brand new if you wanna try them.. Even though they ohm out, you never know...

well this afternoon i tried a different engine temp sensor and the same problem.

i have been leaving the battery disconnected for about 5min, is that long enough to clear the CEL from the pcm KAM? or is there another way to to clear the code?

any have any ideas?

non runner

hi chris has your ski got a spark?

non runner

sorry bud dont know why i typed chris.

its got spark, and it will run. but with a tempature code its putting the ski in a "safe mode", making it run very rich and only allowing it to rev to 68-6900rpm.

bump for u steve, by the way some FYI, ski is not overheating,sensor has been replaced, engine temp sensor on #1 jug, harness as been check for cont. and vref. wiggle test on harness ok. EFI controller disconnected and run off of factory ecm only, exhaust temp and cooling temp sensor both ohm checked ok. run on hose water coming out of all pissers. cel will come on within 5 sec of start-up(CODE 15) so no overtemp issues. Hope this helps u out a little steve, hope someone can help. DC

Banned User
    When was the last time you check your water strener? I really strongly believe you have a water clogging issue. I have a lot of knowledge in this area. Start by checking the water intake (by the impeller housing.) Next you'll have to make sure the engine is getting the proper amount of water to cool the engine. If you still have a problem, you'll have to make a visual on your D-plate or cataylic converter. You may have a plugged up componant for water to pass through.

Your problem is that water is being blocked before it gets to the temp sensor or secondary sensor right next to the exhaust heat shield.

Hope this helps you out

well its been at the dealer a week now, and there just as lost as i am. Hopefully ill hear something this week.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information