+1

Impeller/Pump Advice

I've done tons of searching and there are just so many options for impeller/pump setups.

I have a 2013 FZS with mods in the sig: C3 wheel, R3 flash, type 14 intercooler, BOV, R&D grate, VX plate, 13/23 Pro Pitch in the stock pump.

I am over 300lbs and have done a little over 81mph on GPS with this setup at around 8600rpm. The issue is it cavitates very badly out of the hole.

I don't even think I've maximized my setup as far as top speed goes. I think with some tweaking I could see 82-83mph, which I think is awesome considering my weight. I'm willing to lose a little top end for a better hole shot. Ideally if I could have zero cavitation and have the boat leap out of the water and still hit 80mph on a perfect day with low fuel, I'd be thrilled.

So options... right now I'm debating either a 2014+ liner and oem prop or a twin prop in the stock pump. I don't really know where to start for pitch on the twin, for the 14+ oem I'm thinking of starting around 13/18.

Any thoughts? I'm also still on the stock nozzle, etc. I really don't want to go to a bigger wheel either.

Thanks!
    Adam

+1
    Adam, the Lucky 13 adjustable pump cone is a must have item for any modified ski and it will solve your cavitation issue and provide increased performance across the board.

Have a look at it here in the store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2351

3. +1 by:

+1
    I've thought about that as well Jerry. I'm assuming I'd also most likely have to open up my nozzle during the tuning process? Maybe I would purchase a spare nozzle to have on hand as well. I cannot repitch myself, so I would prefer to stay away from that if possible. I would not mind revving a bit higher than I currently am either. I should also mention that I currently have an R&D cone in there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroStream6 View Post
    I've thought about that as well Jerry. I'm assuming I'd also most likely have to open up my nozzle during the tuning process? Maybe I would purchase a spare nozzle to have on hand as well. I cannot repitch myself, so I would prefer to stay away from that if possible. I would not mind revving a bit higher than I currently am either. I should also mention that I currently have an R&D cone in there.
    I would try running the cone with no spacers at all along with the stock nozzle. Take note of your RPM and then open nozzle/add spacers if needed.

Thread Information