Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 turbo rxpx

2012 turbo rxpx

Hey, I'm looking to get my 2012 rxpx turbo. I hope of reaching the 90 mph mark with some reliability left. Is this possible?
    What is the max boost my stock intake can take? I'm aware of bolting it together. I want to keep my ecu. I'll check with les cook and see if he offers a flash? unless somebody here knows. Thanks for the help.

+1
    Go post and search on the 4 tech performance section of the Seadoo board. There is thread after thread on this.

FYI...90MPH is just about impossible on the T3 hull and keep any kind of reliability. Realistic number is more 80-85MPH and you can get here with the stock supercharger. If you go turbo get ready to drop a ton of money and a ton of time wrenching on your ski.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=223176 This thread follows a realistic build with keeping cost in check and being reliable.

This is of no Help

Quote Originally Posted by skylolow View Post
    Go post and search on the 4 tech performance section of the Seadoo board. There is thread after thread on this.

FYI...90MPH is just about impossible on the T3 hull and keep any kind of reliability. Realistic number is more 80-85MPH and you can get here with the stock supercharger. If you go turbo get ready to drop a ton of money and a ton of time wrenching on your ski.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=223176 This thread follows a realistic build with keeping cost in check and being reliable.

My stock Rxpx is dooin 78.

OK I need to Let on That I bought Jeff Dykowski's ski. [JAWS} Wienner of the vets class and stock class for 2014. He went to yamadog and I want to kick his but with his old boat. ALL IN FUN JEFF IS A GREAT FRIEND of mine.
    If a moderator or someone smarter than me can move this thread to it's proper place I would appreciate it.
    I have a shop, and been wrenchen on seadoo's for 25years. I think I can Have a reliable 90mph. WE might have a different idea of reliable.
    Thanks for all the help
    Dan

+1
    Plenty of T3 Rxpx's at or near 90mph.

This is what you need. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2039

+1
    Hello Dan! Hope all has been well with you!

90MPH is just about impossible on the T3 hull and keep any kind of reliability.
    I don't completely agree with this. As for reliability, that depends on how well its built up and who does the work. Having said that, it boils down to expectation when talking about reliability. I expect a stock ski to be reliable. I also expect a 90mph ski to be as reliable as a 90mph ski

I'm more a fan of SC then turbo (for my type of riding) but if I were building a high 80's to 90mph type ski, there is no question it would be turbo! Aftermarket rods, pistons, valves, modified deck, ect.... Once you have the internals setup correctly, the maintenance on a turbo unit is nothing compared to what is required to maintain a large SC.

If this is going to be a CC type ski, I would build a mid 80's T3 and only other mod I would suggest is to get a membership to "Gold's Gym." Seriously, at those speeds in race conditions, the limitation is your ability to hang on to a T3. After 1 or 2 laps (when CC chop is bad), you can reel in non T3 skis.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dan725 View Post
    Hey, I'm looking to get my 2012 rxpx turbo. I hope of reaching the 90 mph mark with some reliability left. Is this possible?
    What is the max boost my stock intake can take? I'm aware of bolting it together. I want to keep my ecu. I'll check with les cook and see if he offers a flash? unless somebody here knows. Thanks for the help.

"turbo tuesday" is a good place to start

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Hello Dan! Hope all has been well with you!

90MPH is just about impossible on the T3 hull and keep any kind of reliability.
    I don't completely agree with this. As for reliability, that depends on how well its built up and who does the work. Having said that, it boils down to expectation when talking about reliability. I expect a stock ski to be reliable. I also expect a 90mph ski to be as reliable as a 90mph ski

I'm more a fan of SC then turbo (for my type of riding) but if I were building a high 80's to 90mph type ski, there is no question it would be turbo! Aftermarket rods, pistons, valves, modified deck, ect.... Once you have the internals setup correctly, the maintenance on a turbo unit is nothing compared to what is required to maintain a large SC.

If this is going to be a CC type ski, I would build a mid 80's T3 and only other mod I would suggest is to get a membership to "Gold's Gym." Seriously, at those speeds in race conditions, the limitation is your ability to hang on to a T3. After 1 or 2 laps (when CC chop is bad), you can reel in non T3 skis.
    I've been fine, thank you for asking. This is why I make the footstraps. I make some long runs now across lake erie on my rxp top speed is about 80 on flat that's rare, but I cruze at about 50 to 55in 2 to 4 foot chop. I rode stan hightowers rxpx and loved the t3 hull. closest thing I've felt to an overweight XPL. The supercharged is fun but is limited.
    How did you like the footstraps? THE ONLY WAY TO HOLD ON. I should try giving some product here for some feed back? LMK if anyone is interested
    Thanks
    Dan

Haven't seen a turbo on turbo Tue. Just kidding, didn't want to highjack that thread.

Thanks
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Retro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dan725 View Post

"turbo tuesday" is a good place to start

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information