Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2014 RXP-X or GTR215 for river running.....

Hey guys and gals....

I need help buying a seadoo. This would be for me, and I will get another Spark for 2nd ski (daughter, wife...).

I have had two GTR215s, and last year had a 2008 RXP-X255 (bought as a leftover new....yea, ZI know, weird), and liked it but missed the IBR.

I mainly run the WI river in central WI (14 mile long river, back slews, etc). Mostly calm water, and typically go out for a few hours during the week while others are not on the water.

I have my eye on a new '14 RXP-X, but is it worth the money over the GTR? I don't tow, so 2 or 3 seater is whatever.

My one concern is, my GTRs went 67/68 on speedo, and I hear some 260s go that fast due to limiters. I "probably" wont modify the machine (have kept last 5 new skiis stock), unless there is someone in central WI that will help with the mods....Im not wrenching, but would pay if someone was local.

The RXP-X is around $1500 more then the GTR......

So, 260 or 215?

Thanks in advance.....

PS...I have never ridden the newer T3 hull, anything I should know about it....things I may like, or dislike?

+1
    my personal opinion is for you to go with the rxp-x! you would love the new hull and the way it reacts in cornering!!!! its amazing!!! Go for it without any second thoughts!!! the only thing that you have to keep on mind is that its a lot more aggressive than the gtr. So if you like to "melt" behind the steering then go for it. Also the consuption is bigget due to more HP. The 215 according to me is the best value for money ski since you can go for big rides, fast and still have fuel. The 260 drinks a little bit more but way more fun!!!! So you have to see what kind of rider you are. If you like power, cornering fast and even do some racing with others then go for the RXP-X. If you are more like a smooth rider who go for big rides (which in the 14 mile river i dont think its that big ride) go for the GTR. And since you already had 2 gtr's i think its time you should try something new! and with a few twicks like air filter, grate, prop this thing will fly! who ever had it loved it and its difficultt to change it!

PS. I am a RXP-X fun/junkie

+1
    T3 hull loves to lean. If cutting through chop and cornering hard isn't what your after then go for the GTR. Yes the RXP comes with plenty limiters to hold you back to 68ish mph.

+1
    Based on the description of your riding environment, I would say GTR. HOWEVER, in addition to the fun factor of the RXP-X hull, the ergonomics and seating position are simply second to none. You make "one" with the machine. NO other ski offers that sensation. Awesome ski for long rides/cruising as well. At slow speeds, say below 30 mi/h, the ski sometimes tends to lean on one side or the other, but you learn to manage it after a while.

+1
    The GTR is made for your application. I will get flamed but the RXP-X is purpose built for cornering at high speeds and the rougher the water, the better it performs. I owned one and I also extensively cruise the rivers. In cruise mode on smooth water it is too confining of a cockpit and you can feel the drag of the T3 hull. I traded mine at 14 hours and I called it my $3,200 test ride.

I wish they weren't both such great boats, would make this easier...lol.

So the 260 uses a lot more fuel?? I know its more HP......hmm.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flattracker60 View Post
    I wish they weren't both such great boats, would make this easier...lol.

So the 260 uses a lot more fuel?? I know its more HP......hmm.
    I have had 215, 255, 260hp. Unless you hold it wide open all the time, you will not see a difference.

8. +1 by:

I own 2014 RXPX! I'm at 148+ hours ,and it's been great so far. I had no major issues or problems. I am still on stock supercharger (no rebuilt yet)! My ski has Stage 1 upgrade on it! I had a little steering is off by dealer fixed it for free. I think 2014 they improve the intercooler because I am at 148hrs with no leaks! (Stock) I have been changing oil, filter, and spark plugs every 25hrs. I was worried about buying a Seadoo because of all the excessive electronics as well as the Super charger but I finally took the risk and haven't regretted it yet. Love it so far. She is badass machine! Hang on TIGHT when you are on sport mode and race settings! She turns like dime!

Here's my 100hrs 2014 RXPX260 Review! :
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=222793
    GoPro Edit of me Riding from Summer 2014! :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvedpubTj9k

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    ...you can feel the drag of the T3 hull.
    Interesting, what do you mean by that? Can you please describe? Thanks! I noticed this hull really stays "glued" to the water. I have the impression the ski weighs a ton.

+1
    as others have sad, the t3 is an awsome hull and a very comfortable ride, especially long ones. Im not sure i agree on the "excessive drag" comment, they cant be that bad my self and a few others have been 80+ with basic stuff. My girlfriend has a gti155 and other than sub 30mph (t3 will lean one way or another) stuff i cant really tell to much difference.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information