Need Help....05 Yamaha FX140 Engine

Hello, new here, not sure if this is the right section but here goes. This was more of an impulse buy, got a great deal on it or maybe not so great. So I brought it home knowing the engine was most likely seized and it was. I pulled the engine and it turns out the pump doesn't spin either (I will deal with this later). I since have taken the engine apart and was able to finally remove the pistons from the cylinders after alot of soaking with every penetrating oil know to man. Cleaned everything up today to inspect and 2 of the 4 pistons heads have pitting. The cylinder walls seem to just have surface rust no pitting. So here are my questions..... Can I purchase new pistons and rings, all new gaskets, lightly run a cylinder hone through through the cylinders to clean them up and carefully put the motor back together using the service manual? OR is it to far gone? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.... Forgot to mention there was a mixture of oil and water in the engine and it seems like it was sitting for 2 or 3 years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetski4.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	350979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetski3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	350978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jetski2.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	350977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jetski1.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	350976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JEtski.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	350975

+1
    Piston in the first pic is marred around the edge. It may be fine but I would at least replace it. $60 on ebay. Mic and then flap wheel the cylinders clean, hot tank the block, new bearings, rings, gaskets and reassemble. Should be fine. The head good?

Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Piston in the first pic is marred around the edge. It may be fine but I would at least replace it. $60 on ebay. Mic and then flap wheel the cylinders clean, hot tank the block, new bearings, rings, gaskets and reassemble. Should be fine. The head good?
    Flap wheel, Really? What grit? BTW Thanks for the reply!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mgonzo700 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Flap wheel, Really? What grit? BTW Thanks for the reply!
    You said the cylinders were clean and had no damage, correct? Just a little surface rusting? Yes, a very fine grit flap wheel or scotchbrite works fine just enough to remove the surface rust but obviously you dont want to get carried away. Proceed at your own risk.

Got it....Thanks

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life but thought it would be better than starting a new one. I am at the point where I am ready to order all of the parts. I have made sure the cylinders are within spec using a bore dial. I am just a bit confused in regards to the bearings. I was planning on ordering the standard size kit from sbt since I plastigauge'd both the existing main bearing and the crank bearing and they where all within spec according to the shop manual. Should I still replace them? If so, according to the shop manual, Reading the numbers on the rod cap and the numbers on the crankshaft web, and subtracting. I would need 1 black and three blue pairs of bearings for the rod. Again I really appreciate the help!

Thread Information