Thread: water in hull

Myrtle Beach SC

water in hull

so today I took the wives 2012 gti 130 out for a test run. I have never ridden her ski or paid a ton of attention to it. I noticed today after a 5 minute run there was a tiny bit of water in the hull. Not much at all maybe just a few ounces but I was only out for 5 minutes. Is this normal the only reason I ask is i have never had any water at all in my Kawasaki. The wife usually cleans her ski up so I never noticed if this has occurred before. It seemed to run fine just the water worried me. I also noticed a little bit of salt deposits which tells me this is not the first time water has been in there. I do have to admit from a first ride perspective it is a fun little ski and and I never thought the IBR thing would be a big deal but man it is great the docking and low speed maneuvering is crazy on that thing it really threw me off at first because the reverse steering is the opposite of the Kawasaki.

Australia, Perth WA
    I haved owned many seadoo s for over 20 years and always have had some water in hull ...

The carbon seal can unload and spray a bit in the hull ....

i be worried if u had much more .

After you fix the issue, Id suggest a bilge pump wired to a float switch wired directly to your battery. I cant begin to explain how many times they have saved my ass and countless number of skis over the seadoos always ran bone dry.... till that one day they didn't. One simple hose clamp (maybe 6months old and always kept lubed) failed and filled my ski with water. I drilled a hole under the grab bar for the outlet, to be able to look at the ski and see if it ever had to pump water while sitting or riding.

Having the battery in the bow was one of the saving graces too. I ran one + wire from the bow to the bilge and the negative wire on the float switch was then grounded to the engine with an insulated terminal. With the engine off the system still works.

A little water is normal, id also check where your steering and reverse lines go through, I'm sure this year has the metal fittings but i know the previous ones had plastic fittings that always cracked and would make a small leak and then just gradually get worse.

Thread Information