+1

Holden Beach, North Carolina area

I will be heading down to Holden Beach this fall for my cousins wedding. It's never too early to plan; I've been trying to find some places to launch my jet ski. It looks like there is one launch site close to Holden Beach, but from what I have read it isn't very big, and becomes crowded. can anyone recommend a good site near Holden Beach?

thank you!

+1
    Under the bridge on the island side is where I put in. We go down in August and I generally don't have a problem finding a spot. Awesome place to ride down there. Inlets to the ocean on both sides of holden beach and the intercostal waterway ride to southport is awesome. Tons of shops and food there.

+1
    Whereabouts in Southport do you go for the shops and food? I am not familiar with the area at all, aside from
    looking on Google maps. Do you know of any good websites where I could find some information about riding down there? I'm assuming a lot of the riding is low speed as the waterway looks narrow in a lot of places

+1
    When traveling north on the intercostal from holden beach you can't miss southport. It's right where the intercostal meets the cape fear shipping channel. There are docks right off the intercostal for parking at the resturaunts. All the shopping and dining is within walking distance from there. As far as the ride goes you can run wide open throttle all the way there if you wanted. The waterway is wider than it looks.

I live right next to holden, the ICW is plenty wide enough to go as fast as you want. The only slow spot is around the holden beach bridge. If your looking for a good cove to anchor off and enjoy the sand but still be able to hop on your ski then you should go to lockwood folly inlet, on the north end of holden. If your looking for a good bar with a dock go to sharky's on ocean isle, its about a 30 min ride from Holden bridge, good food, beers and some good looking waitresses too haha

Thread Information