Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

svho ECU options

Besides the reflash stuff what sort of ECU options are there out there for the svho? looking for a standalone ecu.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Vipec seems to be the only game for them right now unless motec has updated their offerings.

what are you running that your needing standalone?

Don't want a reflash. Coming from the car world reflash's just aren't effecient and adding a FPR to richen or lean out the whole rev range is a half ass way to get things done especially for the price i can't justify it. Thanks guess vipec it is.

+1
    With a stand alone ecu I blown my motor.
    with a reflash I ride with no problem and a perfect afr.
    Only my experience.

+1
    Full M130 setup

I think you would be surprised at how well the R&D R3 flashes are working. But if you really aren't feelin the flashes and you got the coin - it's the right tool for the job, with great support. nuff said!

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...&cPath=106_107

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by d00m View Post
    Don't want a reflash. Coming from the car world reflash's just aren't effecient and adding a FPR to richen or lean out the whole rev range is a half ass way to get things done especially for the price i can't justify it. Thanks guess vipec it is.
    Unless your running a BS3, Megasquirt, FAST, Accel DFI, Fueltech, ProEFI, Haltech, etc everything else is technically considered a reflash in the car world. i know quite a few people running "reflashes" in the automotive world with damn good AFR's through out the range. Its all about investing the time and money in a custom tune loaded via a handheld programer I.E. SCT X3 or X4, Hypertech, HP Tuners, EFI Live.

saying reflashes arent efficient in the automotive world is a copout blanket statement. go tell some of the 800-900+hp GTR's running a cobb accessport that their reflash isnt efficient.

and you still didnt answer the question as to what your running modification was. i know quite a few people in the pwc world as well that are running reflashes, both rec riders and tour racers, and they are doing quite well. across all brands.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    Unless your running a BS3, Megasquirt, FAST, Accel DFI, Fueltech, ProEFI, Haltech, etc everything else is technically considered a reflash in the car world. i know quite a few people running "reflashes" in the automotive world with damn good AFR's through out the range. Its all about investing the time and money in a custom tune loaded via a handheld programer I.E. SCT X3 or X4, Hypertech, HP Tuners, EFI Live.

saying reflashes arent efficient in the automotive world is a copout blanket statement. go tell some of the 800-900+hp GTR's running a cobb accessport that their reflash isnt efficient.

and you still didnt answer the question as to what your running modification was. i know quite a few people in the pwc world as well that are running reflashes, both rec riders and tour racers, and they are doing quite well. across all brands.
    Same thing in the Diesel world - "Re-flash's" are the money! Nothing but powa from EFI live previously, and a (pre-crackdown) H&S with MCC enabled now. It's all about the final "flash". Granted we don't have to deal with afr's, but it's amazing what can be accomplished with the right boost & tune.

The R&D flashes really do the trick for the majority of builds. IMO they have been refined slightly more for the SVHO's. The M130 would be for just how far down the Rabbit hole you wanna go..
    Last edited by WP3223; 02-10-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ale View Post
    Only my experience.
    Who tuned your stand alone, this is the problem. Not the actual stand alone ecu. What ECU did you use?

Don't care for a reflash, not interested in having a "one size fit all" tune on my ski. All those ECU's you've listed aren't reflashes, they are stand alone ecu's except the obvious hand helds which can be tuned on the fly which is what i essentially want. Reflashing an ECU is when you re-map the stock ECU with your own or your tuners own map. Having some guy in x state put a tune on my ski for a place he's never even been to or has no idea what its like to tune in that DA and humidity is just crazy to me. I know certain people have used them with success and ive seen plenty who have blown locally with them. Not interested in that. Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post

Same thing in the Diesel world - "Re-flash's" are the money! Nothing but powa from EFI live previously, and H&S with MCC enabled now. It's all about the final "flash". Granted we don't have to deal with afr's, but it's amazing what can be accomplished with the right tune.

The R&D flashes really do the trick for the majority of builds. IMO they have been refined slightly more for the SVHO's. The M130 would be for just how far the Rabbit hole you wanna go..

h&s shot themselves in the foot with the DPF delete stuff. spartan still does it but they are on the low key about advertising it. duramaxtuner is working on a 600+HP emissions compliant twin turbo kit right now.

i'm a dealer for most of the big diesel tuners....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ale View Post
    Only my experience.
    Who tuned your stand alone, this is the problem. Not the actual stand alone ecu. What ECU did you use?

Don't care for a reflash, not interested in having a "one size fit all" tune on my ski. All those ECU's you've listed aren't reflashes, they are stand alone ecu's except the obvious hand helds which can be tuned on the fly which is what i essentially want. Reflashing an ECU is when you re-map the stock ECU with your own or your tuners own map. Having some guy in x state put a tune on my ski for a place he's never even been to or has no idea what its like to tune in that DA and humidity is just crazy to me. I know certain people have used them with success and ive seen plenty who have blown locally with them. Not interested in that. Thanks.
    Re-Read my statement. i said unless your running those, everything else is considered a reflash. This isnt my first rodeo and i know full well what "reflashing" means in the automotive world. I also know the difference between standalone and reflash.

unless your running something with an auto tune feature your always going to be adjusting your map after looking at datalogs taking into account air temp, water, temp, afr's, DA, humidity, etc, etc.

in the automotive world you have the off the shelf canned tuned reflashes and then you have the reflashes that are custom written for the specific application like i mentioned above with HP Tuners, SCT, COBB.

and if you did a little more research you'd also realize that depending on who does the reflash they can tailor it to your specifc needs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information