+1

Vi-Pec GPS Logging Question

Does anyone have gps data logging working with Vi-Pec V88R3 using the Athena dash logger or aftermarket gps (e.g. auto meter 5289, VDO 340-786)?

+1
    It can be done but good luck getting anything out of Riva because they have no idea about it. That computer is just a re-badged GET computer from Europe. Your better off getting a hold of them directly because it's a code that must be programmed.

+1
    I just sent vipec an email. Riva said it can probably be done but are not sure how to program it. I did look on the vipec forums and there were a couple of failed attempts to do so. You would think that a $2400 ecu could data log gps speed.
    The Athena is A GET data product from Italy but the vipec is from New Zealand.

My bet is it will be less painful to bring a square wave into a speed input channel. The guys at CanDooPro have a great unit that may work.

The Athena dash logger only receives data. It does not output data. If you're looking to log speed directly to the Vipec, you will need an external GPS module. Same deal goes with a Motec. The Vipec is totally capable of recording speed, (with an external GPS unit). So, it's not a Vipec issue your having. The issue is the Athena dash does not have an output signal to send to the Vipec datalog? Correct? Also, the Vipec has a user configurable CANBUS for transmitting & receiving channels. This is a user capability that the Motec does not have.

Just curious, why do you need to data log speed directly on the Vipec if you have a Athena dash/data logger that already does this for you?

+1
    I just received an email from Link Management "Vipec" and they said " This is currently on our feature request list for the current i-series ECUs.".

Quote Originally Posted by bamf View Post
    Just curious, why do you need to data log speed directly on the Vipec if you have a Athena dash/data logger that already does this for you?
    My attached dash logger cable that is used for pulling the log files broke and Get Data was unable to fix it. It still reads and displays live data but cannot pull the log files out. I however just bought another data logger and I hope it last longer than the last one.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Mine has the same issue too but Riva swears it's my labtop that's not configured properly.

Thread Information