Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MSRP 2015 FX Cruiser

Hello folks,

First post here and I have learned much perusing the forums. I plan to buy a 2015 FX Cruiser and I see 13,500 as the list price. How much in your experience should it be discounted when paying cash. They offered today to bring it down to 13,000 and then added freight and prep of 800.00 bringing the before tax and tag of 13,800. more than the msrp. Thanks for your help.

Bill

+1
    Check Miami you can get a 2015 with 2010 VIN numbers for $9-$10K......

+1
    It is my understanding that the dealership would rather have you finance than pay cash because they get some sort of kick-back or financial benefit. Many buyers think paying cash gives them an upper hand but when an item is financed the dealership is still being paid-in-full immediately. However, I will say that if you are concerned about paying $300 more than MSRP you might be in for a rude awakening when the ski is worth $10,000 next year.

+1
    I bought a M109R w/ 1% Interest Financing last year. Why would I pay 14K cash for only 1% I can borrow there money.. I'd would be stupid to spend all that money up front for only $140.00, see the banking options they offer.

+1
    One local dealer does the full msrp but that includes the freight and prep. At times, he'll add in the fire extiguisher, trailer tie downs, and maybe a life vest. If Yamaha has incentives, he'll deduct them off. Another local dealer starts at msrp, adds everything else to the price, and then you have to work down from there which normally isn't much of anything. You even have to ask about the incentives. Losing 3K after the first year is the usual. That's why I went for a last year left over. Saved 1,500 from it's msrp and a few hundred more from 2015s. I'll ride it until the hull falls off. Still losing money but they're not investments.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Erierunner View Post
    One local dealer does the full msrp but that includes the freight and prep. At times, he'll add in the fire extiguisher, trailer tie downs, and maybe a life vest. If Yamaha has incentives, he'll deduct them off. Another local dealer starts at msrp, adds everything else to the price, and then you have to work down from there which normally isn't much of anything. You even have to ask about the incentives. Losing 3K after the first year is the usual. That's why I went for a last year left over. Saved 1,500 from it's msrp and a few hundred more from 2015s. I'll ride it until the hull falls off. Still losing money but they're not investments.
    They can be, but not if you are purchasing brand new.

+1
    If you want the best deal on a Ski call Cycle Springs in Palm Harbor Florida, they sell more ski's and jet boats then anyone in the United States.

+1
    Dealers would like to finance skis and bikes they are partners with the lenders. Most of the time cash deals are not the best good credit is more valuable then having money. Cycle Springs do have good prices.

+1
    Bad credit, you got a ski!! Good ,you got a ski!!! Bankruptcy yesterday Y-O-U G-O-T A S-K-I!!! they will get you in a ski!!

personally I would not buy a new one, look for last year's model still at the dealership or find a used one from a private seller, I see ski's with less than 50 hours and half price all the time. By the way that new seat on the fx cruiser is horrible, I just sat on one last week and if I had to buy a new one it would be the fx ho (non cruiser) just my opinion....good luck!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information