Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Footstraps product review FREE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140922_182621849.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	351194Hi,
    I'm Dan. I have been riding and racing snowmobiles, and watercraft since 1974. I really got into the watercraft racing in 1993. I have as much success as the next guy. As many failures if not more. I've developed plenty of products for my racers over the years and don't really like sharing the good stuff that works. Not Good for business. Any way in 1998 a buddy said try my footwedges, I said {HA} I don't need no pussy pads. WE had identical ski's 1998 xpl, still have mine. WE switched skis and rode [WE ride Lake Erie]. After 10 min we stopped and I said, I didn't even use them things what a waste of money. When I got back on my ski I noticed that my feet were searching for something to hold onto. Since this was at the High point of my racing career, I knew I needed them. First it was footwedges on the outside then on the inside then stack them up. wow This made racing fun.

In 1999 I won the Canadian National Endurance Championship a very cool race around St. Helen Island in Montreal. 45min motos. 3 miles of flat water that went right to 4 foot chop. The videos were funny. It looked like I hit a turbo button at the point the flat water met the chop. In reality I was only 1 or 2 mph faster then the next guy but they had no chance when we hit the chop they couldn't hold on. At the interview I was asked how I did it I said footwedges. Years went by with good success. In 2004 I was picked up by Larry Noble from Noble Racing to race the Texas supercourse championship. All I wanted was umi bars stock thumb throttle and footwedges. I got there and the 04 rxp had stock bars, finger throttle, and no foot wedges. His excuse was he didn't want to twist an ankle. He rode the ski in Masters class. I was doing very well until that ski decided it wanted to hang a right when we were going straight. WOW was that the nastiest wipeout I ever had I was in 1st all be my lonesome. the guy behind me even stopped. Thank you whoever you are. me Ski made it to the beach. Ask Jeff [jaws] he pushed it back out to me. They timed the laps I spent 1min 29sec in the water and finished in 2nd. Oh well. I was then going to race the Hann 300 memorial next. Larry Hann was Larry Noble's ski builder I guess. I did not race for Noble Racing after that because they Damn near killed me. And Larry got ejected and BROKE his pelvis. Since then the skis are much faster and I know 4 guys who have broken their pelvis's. I've waterskied and those boots tighten up around your feet and you still come out.

Since I have a shop and sell stuff I would try to sell the footwedges. and people reply I don't need them and I think sure you don't. When I suggest sponsens [for an x4 hull] they reply I don't need them I can turn fine and I think, sure you do. I really don't push things, not into pressure sales. I just wanna ride. Anyways, I know the footwedges are hard on bare feet and if I really want to ride hard I know they can pop off, so we screw them on. When I do sell some footwedges people ask that I put them on the back so the rider doesn't fight the driver for them. Well the new ski's have such huge footwell's, I was stacking and stacking.

I decided to make a soft footstap that I could use with bare feet. Something I could ride real hard and not worry about them coming off. I fitted them tight to my foot and riveted them on. WOW they worked great and Talk about comfort. I was so used to cocking my foot at an angle to grab a wedge now, the footstraps grab me, [ when I hit that shit that makes you say *&^%#$%^} Now tell me you don't need them I guarantee you I will have pulled a few boat lengths on you. People say they like to move around on the ski [ body English]. I call BS> they don't even know they are trying to brace themselves anyway they can. I did a 175 mile ride last year @ a high rate of speed along ERIE. I foot came out once in awhile but that was under heavy chop and the other foot pulled me right back down. I pass people sittin up at 80 mph and I let go with one hand and wave. TRY that without something else to hold on with. Any ways I rode my snowmobile the other day and when I sat down my boots locked in under the adjustable [bootbrace] boy now that reminds me of something, oh yah footstraps.

So any way if your still reading I am going to donate 10 sets of footstraps to 10 members who are capable of drilling a few 3/16 holes. And give some real feedback of use. I have been making them locally @ a cost of $40 a strap, that's $80 a set. So we did go to china and now we cut the cost down to $59.90 retail. Now the rider gets a set, the passenger gets a set, and the spotter sitting backwards. gets a set. Come get your set now.

Also all proceeds from this site will go to sponsoring a race around the break wall in Fairport Harbor OH [ google it ]. Last guy who tried to race me around that wall took apart his hood with his face. gtrrick. So after that I decided I have to make these. Don't be a Rick. I'll see if he will post his pics.

Thank you
    DanClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140922_182621849.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	351194
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	589.5 KB 
ID:	351193  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Can you post some larger/close-up photos of the product?

Do you have an online store or web site?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2136.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	351203Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2139.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	351204Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2140.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	351205Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2144.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	351206Notice all the glue needed to keep footwedges on.
    I got the rxpx for jeff dykowski winner 2014 vets and stock class notice the footwedges. Guess who gave them to him. He said I don't need them. next thing ya know he had them wood screwed together [ I'm slowly getting rid on them, the footwedges, but they work because my kids feet don't reach the bottom of the footwell yet and they use those as steps.
    If your just cruzin around these are soft enough to just step on if you don't need to be locked in.
    Hope this helps

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Exploding rivets?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Exploding rivets?
    They are tri-fold. for blind hole use, were you can't access the back side to install a washer for strength. Very strong only need two per side, I set these straps up for three all the future sets will be 2. Thanks.

I set the strap loosely over my bare foot for pleasure riding, and that works perfect for when I put the racing shoes on they fit nice and tight.
    Thanks
    Dan

+1

Footstraps product review FREE

I'll take a pair!

Quote Originally Posted by alostaunau View Post
    I'll take a pair!
    Get me your address and I'll get a set shipped.

+1
    I was considering wedges but your strap idea sounds a much better option, going from bare foot to grippy boots was night and day on being in control so I can only guess straps would be even better. I would like to review a set, willing to pay the freight to Oz

Please send me your info and your set will be on the way in the am.
    thank you
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    I was considering wedges but your strap idea sounds a much better option, going from bare foot to grippy boots was night and day on being in control so I can only guess straps would be even better. I would like to review a set, willing to pay the freight to Oz
    Last edited by K447; 02-16-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    JMO these sound like ankle breakers in the making, hope im wrong for those installing them

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information