Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Price for a 2015 FX SHO, is this too much?

Okay so Iím negotiating the purchase of my 1st PWC a 2015 FX SHO. Iím buying the ski and trailer and have been quoted $16,216 out the door. Is this too much?

They say they are giving me boat show pricing but I donít see it. These numbers look like the MSRP for the ski and what I would expect a new trailer to cost plus 6.25% tax on very thing. Of course there are set up fees, delivery fees, and who know what else rolled into that number.

This is Texas and I think PWC actually go for more down here and especially going into spring. I canít help but feel like this number is a bout $2,000 more than it should be.

Msrp, according to Yamahas website, for a 2015 fx sho is $14,399. So I wouldn't say its $2000 more than it should be considering you're also getting a trailer.

Honestly if you're looking to drop that my much on one of these things have you considering looking at the fx svho models?

+1
    If I think they're charging too much for a FX SHO I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be happy with the price of the SVHO. No, I'm good with the SHO, I just want to feel like I'm paying a fair price. I know full well what it's lists for on the Yamaha site (14,400). Seems like I'm paying full MSRP. Is that unheard of when buying a new ski?

I don't own a Yamaha, but I feel that price is high.
    I don't know if prices are higher in TX, but just for comparison, I bought my 14 RXP-X new at a dealer that sells Yamaha, and Seadoo.

MSRP on my ski at the time was $14,799.
    I left after ALL fees, and a brand new trailer for 15k OTD.
    I'm in GA.

+1
    Was that truly out the door, I mean was that with tax included and everything?

+1
    My opinion is msrp + tax + licensing is the most I will ever pay for a ski. If a dealer wants more than that they are trying to rip you off imo. Setup and crate disposal is all ways they try and screw you...

+1
    Right, I agree because I think set-up and delivery are already covered in the MSRP. Thanks, I appreciate everyone's opinion.

+1
    ad almost $800 to that price for an svho(just did it).

+1
    Its a lot of $$$ that's for sure but there can be no arguing, you now have one hell of a ski. We definitely pay a premium when we buy new especially when they lose so much value right off the bat. I'm thinking I would save about $800 at the end of this season but I don't want to wait and not have a ski this summer. And, I don't want to buy a left over 2014 because the 2015 have so many upgrades. Do you think you got a good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mursegeorge View Post
    Its a lot of $$$ that's for sure but there can be no arguing, you now have one hell of a ski. We definitely pay a premium when we buy new especially when they lose so much value right off the bat. I'm thinking I would save about $800 at the end of this season but I don't want to wait and not have a ski this summer. And, I don't want to buy a left over 2014 because the 2015 have so many upgrades. Do you think you got a good deal?
    You'll be saving money that way and end up with a better ski.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information