2012 RXT-X RS AS Idle problem

Hi there Seadoo experts,

I am having a known trouble with my 2012 RXTX AS. It runs fine, but when I let go of the throttle it will idle very rough and show an engine light followed by a check engine message. If I accelerate to around 4K rpms, the light will turn off and ski runs fine again. The code that throws is P0106.

I have searched the forum and found other with same problems. I have replaced both MAPS and MAT sensors, but nothing has changed.

My next guess is to inspect intake manifold and TB, but here is where I am stuck. How can I access these? I managed to change the sensor in an almost impossible tight space to work in the engine bay. How do I do to access the manifold and TB ?

Just one note. I replaced the IC when the ski had 5 hours on the clock as it was leaking.

Any help is very much appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BETOGTI View Post
    Hi there Seadoo experts,

I am having a known trouble with my 2012 RXTX AS. It runs fine, but when I let go of the throttle it will idle very rough and show an engine light followed by a check engine message. If I accelerate to around 4K rpms, the light will turn off and ski runs fine again. The code that throws is P0106.

I have searched the forum and found other with same problems. I have replaced both MAPS and MAT sensors, but nothing has changed.

My next guess is to inspect intake manifold and TB, but here is where I am stuck. How can I access these? I managed to change the sensor in an almost impossible tight space to work in the engine bay. How do I do to access the manifold and TB ?

Just one note. I replaced the IC when the ski had 5 hours on the clock as it was leaking.

Any help is very much appreciated.
    I think that is the boost sensor issue. It's on the manifold. I had a similar issue a long time. The can doo setup is good for diagnostic activities if you don't want to go the dealer.

as / is are very beautiful but bad for work. remove the rear suspension arm then with a davit lift everything and remove the motor cover. not just change intercooler, and even better to change trotle, I think your problem is this, remove the pipe from intercooler to trotle and see if this works well, should open and close with free hands, if it works well then verify sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by samui View Post
    as / is are very beautiful but bad for work. remove the rear suspension arm then with a davit lift everything and remove the motor cover. not just change intercooler, and even better to change trotle, I think your problem is this, remove the pipe from intercooler to trotle and see if this works well, should open and close with free hands, if it works well then verify sensor.
    Thanks for the reply.

Found this video on how to remove the deck in a IS/AS model. For future reference:

One question, do you think I need to remove the whole deck to perform the checks i need to do or just removing the rear suspension arm should do the trick ?

Thanks
    Last edited by BETOGTI; 02-12-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Questions answered by this post:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...lift+rear+deck

I will investigate the problem and post here if I find anything.

+1
    Do not remove the whole deck, manually put the suspension as high as it goes and lock it, then remove rear suspension bar after marking it and just tilt the whole deck forward. should be high enough to remove engine cover and access the TB. this is how i do it on the IS, AS may be a little harder to get cover off

and i usually just use a tie down strap and wrap rear arm to rear seat handle to keep rear swing arm up and out of the way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BEECHFRONT View Post
    Do not remove the whole deck, manually put the suspension as high as it goes and lock it, then remove rear suspension bar after marking it and just tilt the whole deck forward. should be high enough to remove engine cover and access the TB. this is how i do it on the IS, AS may be a little harder to get cover off

and i usually just use a tie down strap and wrap rear arm to rear seat handle to keep rear swing arm up and out of the way.
    This is correct. You could also wedge small blocks of wood down near the deepest area of the footwells to prop the suspension higher without taking it completely off. It's not fun...

Thank you all for the advices
    One quick question, after I replaced the MAT sensor, I havent tested it on the water. I only turned the ski on and observed the same problem. Today I turned the ski on with a water rose and the idle seems ok and no more beep and check engine warning. Is it possible that the new sensor took some time to start sending the correct signal to the ecm? I am thinking of running it on the sea on Sunday to be sure before taking the ski apart. What do you guys think ?
    thanks again.
    Last edited by BETOGTI; 02-13-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Just to give an update. Took the ski out today for a 2 hr ride and everything seems to be normal. No more beeps, Check engine lights/warnings.

It looks to me that when you change a sensor, it takes some time to the ECM to adjust to the new values.

Anyway, thanks everybody for the great tips. I learned some new info about my ski.

Thread Information