Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Just picked up my 2000 ultra 150 with 29 hOurs on it! I'm back!!!

New to the Kawi side of things but the old school
    yamaha guys know me. I had an ultra 150 once before and it sank and unfortunately I traded it away. I found a good deal locally and just picked up a 2000 ultra 150 with only 29 hours. Ski has been sitting but when i bought it I was able to water test it in a canal. Ski had the old gas in it and still ran!! I know the dangers of doing this but I wanted to make sure everything worked and it did. So I got it home and cleaned it up a bunch. Now it's time to either rebuild the carbs and replace all fuel and oil lines. Question is where does the main cooling lines go into the motor?
    My last ultra sank because that come off and I don't want that to happen again, also what other typical issue do people run into with these ski? Thanks in advance for all the help! I plan to get this ski up to par.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	351253  

+1
    Juat drained all the old gas and pressure cleaned the whole inside and out. Ski cleaned up really nice! I need a shred master ride plate and im gonna mod the stock grate, and rebuild the pump and put ATF in it. And shim the prop and maybe send prop out. Who should I send prop to ?

I think impros and I know skiworx repitch stockers. Groupk is more of a fan of blueprinting the Solas 16/20, and I think the first two shops I mentioned will also do the same for a solas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawiultra View Post
    I think impros and I know skiworx repitch stockers. Groupk is more of a fan of blueprinting the Solas 16/20, and I think the first two shops I mentioned will also do the same for a solas.

Cool thanks. I just was working in the ski and noticed I have a few cracked oil lines, gonna try to find some locally tomorrow.

Dont send your impeller to ski works, buy a nice aftermarket one and be done with it. Impros is a pleasure to deal with but expensive.

The main cooling line goes to the right side of the engine tucked under. The three cylinders has a single water manifold. Make sure you stick with rubber heatercore hoses, and the clamp you use is in good shape. I have had the main cooling hose come off on me also.

With 29 hrs and 15yrs old you better pull the pump and replace all oil and fuel lines. The thru hull also worries me.

If you have any more questions feel free to pm me or post, i recommend rebuilding you old pump if you feel comfortable. But DO NOT SEND IT TO SKI WORXS!

6. +1 by:

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    main cooling hose goes under on right side. same area as the red battery cable the goes to the starter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Dont send your impeller to ski works, buy a nice aftermarket one and be done with it. Impros is a pleasure to deal with but expensive.

The main cooling line goes to the right side of the engine tucked under. The three cylinders has a single water manifold. Make sure you stick with rubber heatercore hoses, and the clamp you use is in good shape. I have had the main cooling hose come off on me also.

With 29 hrs and 15yrs old you better pull the pump and replace all oil and fuel lines. The thru hull also worries me.

If you have any more questions feel free to pm me or post, i recommend rebuilding you old pump if you feel comfortable. But DO NOT SEND IT TO SKI WORXS!

Thank you so much for the response! Today I replaced the fuel and oil lines. Every oil line was dry rotted!! I can't believe the ski didn't blow up on test run! I found the water line and tightened it all I coukd get also. And I drained most of the old gas out I can't get the last bit. My grips on the handlebars are ruined so I tried to get them off but it seems impossible. Factory used a bunch of glue!! Just gonna order some umi handlebars and hydroturf mats and call it a day. What oil should I run ? Was thinking ams oil or Motul .

+1
    Im gonna pull the pump and replace the bearings and mod the stock intake grate and do the trim mod. Also want to do the triple pisser mod

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TMiller View Post
    main cooling hose goes under on right side. same area as the red battery cable the goes to the starter.
    Thanks I found it today. I love how easy the ultra is to work on compared toy old gpr1200!!!

+1
    This is how the oil lines looked
    Last edited by waverider1200; 02-13-2015 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Having hard time loading the picture

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information