Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Cool To early to ride in San Antonio?

About to pick up my new 2015 FX SHO tomorrow! So just how soon do people in San Antonio start riding? Needless to say I'm already going crazy to put this thing in the water. I'm thinking Canyon or lake dunlop will be where I take my ski most of the time but I'm also game to go exploring other places as well. I'm planning a trip to Rockport over spring break. I know maybe i'm crazy putting a brand new $15,000 ski in salt water but I LOVE the Coast! I'll bring my water hose and wash it down and lube it up after each ride. So whats up San Antonio, anybody esle also itching to ride their jetski?

Also what are yalls thoughts on riding while it's still cold out and using a wetsuit? I just bought one knowing that I would be wanting to ride my new ski while it was still cold out. I got a full suit but no gloves or boots yet. Don't what else I might need

Banned User
    +1
    You need boots for sure. Gloves depending on how cold it is. Wind chill on the hands is rough.

The only time its too early to ride is if the water is frozen.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    The only time its too early to ride is if the water is frozen.

+1
    Nederland, you climate is the same as min in San Antonio. What what would you wear for a ride right now? Wetsuit, booties, neoprene gloves? I honestly don't know what I will need. Do the booties and gloves have to be the neoprene type? Or can they be swimming type wet shoes and mechanic type gloves?

+1
    neoprene acts better as a heat saver. swimming shoes are nothing but protection to keep your feet from getting roughed up.. booties are helpful. i went riding the past month in 50 degree OAT/WT with wetsuit, water socks (goes under diving boots), booties, and riding shoes. the neoprene booties didn't keep the water out, but it sure as hell kept them warm (had to donate them to a friend who needed to tend to mother nature). I wouldnt suggest mechanic style gloves unless that is all you have. They retain water and doesn't act very well as to preserve heat.

If there is a will, there is a way. Riding is a must for me regardless of how cold it is. My season last year was cut short 3 months due to spinal fusion surgery so I was itching to get back on the water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mursegeorge View Post
    Nederland, you climate is the same as min in San Antonio. What what would you wear for a ride right now? Wetsuit, booties, neoprene gloves? I honestly don't know what I will need. Do the booties and gloves have to be the neoprene type? Or can they be swimming type wet shoes and mechanic type gloves?
    I wear what I call wind pants, Under Armour cold gear long sleeve fitted shirt, neoprene boots, my normal riding gloves and of course my vest and shades. Plenty warm for me, around here.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Me on the right. Normal attire, except no wind pants. Last weekend.

+1
    Alright people Saturday is supposed to be 77 degrees! I got a brand new waverunner with 0.1 hrs on it and I'm just itching to ride it. Anybody thinking of going out to Canyon Lake this weekend? I was also thinking about Lake Dunlop to but haven't decided yet. Going to Canyon just means driving another 15 or 20 minutes each way, but it's certainly doable. Just thought Dunlop might be just as good since it's the 1st ride and I'll have to take it easy for the break in period. Plus the water is still kinda cold so I'm not going to be trying to get wet. Mostly just see how she purrs.

+1
    I was planning to go to Canyon Lake around 10 or 11 at the Potters Creek Ramp. I've never been to Dunlap all I know it's only 7 miles.

+1
    Thats cool Mark, I'm sure I'll see ya out there then, I planned on 10 or 11 myself. I'll look for that big 310 you ride.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information