Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GoPro Mounts

+1

GoPro Mounts

Hey Guys, what as experience been with best way to mount your GoPro? Any best practices? Tired of wearing the chesty...

Banned User
    +1
    I like the adhesive mounts. Very strong. I use the floaty back door as well.

+1
    Was thinking that, and doing multiple mounting points across the ski...The suction cup mount looks like it could work also...until it goes airborne

+1
    the suction cup mount is very sturdy, even after taking a few jumps.. i use a combination of the sticky mounts (straight and curved) a go pro stick (insert stupid selfie stick comment here) and the suction cup mount.. it really depends on where on the ski your planning on mounting the go pro that will dictate which mount to use

however, no matter how you mount your go pro, make sure that it is tethered securely to a fixed point on the ski at all times.. nothing worse than loosing one of those bad boys..

5. +1 by:

+1
    adhesive mounts all the way. specifically the gopro branded ones. yeah i know there are cheaper ones that claim they are same but why risk it. lotta of people like the suction cup mount and i think i will try one this season. head strap and chesty are other favorites.

regardless of which you choose.. TETHER TETHER TETHER.

i have 3 sticky mounts on my GTR. one at the rear under the rope hook, one right above the handle bars and one on the right side below the mirror. gotta be honest i am not a fan of the one below the mirror as the ski cuts off a lot of the view as you can see below..

Ive stuck the suction cup mount on the side of an air plane and gone up to 200mph, it held.

But my go pro mounts on my skis gets a screw in each one. And a tether cord

+1
    Thanks for the idea on the tether. Thats a great call. My steering cable broke last year on my standup while wearing my gopro, pretty funny video actually, because you could watch my arms try to steer when I realized something broke mid ride. Needless to say it was a nasty crash at 40mph. Thought I lost the camera when I went tumbling on top of the water. Going to invest in another camera so would love to have multiple views.

Sort of related...this is how I feel when filming vs watching my videos

Banned User
    +1
    I haven't tethered mine, but I do know it floats with the floaty. I had to test it to be sure. I am still trying to devise a tether I like. I saw one setup I liked but I can't remember who posted it. Was it you kwtony?

Yessir, here it is. I just had to get to a computer to find the link....Ive made dozens of these for friends and my own toys. LOVE THEM

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread...y+coil+lanyard

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information