Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Video: Get Ready For Kawasaki’s 2015 JetSki Ultra Lineup

The Watercraft Journal
    was the first to bring you a sneak peek at the 2015 Kawasaki JetSki line waaay back in August, and since that time, plenty of racers and riders have sunk their teeth into the new iridescent green machines across the globe. Almost completely unchanged from 2014 save for some graphics and color options, the 2015 lineup builds on the innovative improvements made to the Ultra’s powertrain for 2014 as well as some other key features.

By radically increasing internal oiling and cooling, improving combustion with new pistons and advanced fuel-to-air timing, a new composite plastic intake manifold, and reducing internal friction and wear (ergo lower internal operating temperatures), the once 300-horsepower Ultra increased its output to 310 ponies as a mere byproduct of said improvements. Talk about a win-win, right?

More at WatercraftJournal.Com
    Last edited by Rustymuscle; 02-16-2015 at 06:21 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    ... By radically increasing internal oiling and cooling, improving combustion with new pistons and advanced fuel-to-air timing, a new composite plastic intake manifold, and reducing internal friction and wear ...
    What is fuel to air timing?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... Almost completely unchanged from 2014 save for some graphics and color options ...
    Is there a list somewhere of the minor changes for 2015 that are not color and graphics?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ... By radically increasing internal oiling and cooling, improving combustion with new pistons and advanced fuel-to-air timing, a new composite plastic intake manifold, and reducing internal friction and wear ...
    What is fuel to air timing?
    Fixed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ... Almost completely unchanged from 2014 save for some graphics and color options ...
    Is there a list somewhere of the minor changes for 2015 that are not color and graphics?
    No. Officially, the only changes from 2014 to 2015 were BNG and color; but many who purchased 2014 models know that there was an ECU recall, where a mid-production change was made. It's not an official improvement, but what some call a production modification.

+1
    Hello Kevin, thanks for the Kawi update. However I was very taken by your offering the story about the SAIJSBA Nationals race. It was cool to read about. I did have a question ... is PWC riding & racing not very popular with the SA Black population. I don't mean any ill will I just did not note any riders of color in the South African sanctioned CC race? I Know it is rare to see African Americans @ IJSBA events here in the USA. I just thought maybe there would be an interest in the sport in an African Nation ?

+1
    Not to get too geopolitical in a PWC forum, but your question bears noting a couple things: the nation of South Africa (not just a general geographic area) was a Dutch colony first. It's population was almost entirely Anglo with its indigenous Negro population relegated to shanty towns (Apartheid).

Although Presidents like Nelson Mandela have dramatically helped to reverse the social division caused by this, there is still a long way to go within the borders of that nation. And, as we all know, personal watercraft are expensive toys, making it very rare for many Africans - Anglo and Negro alike - to purchase one.

Domestically within the US, Blacks consist of only 13.2% of the total 318,857,056 population (as of 2014). Considering that there are less than 250,000 active PWC users within the US, and equating for the same percentages, that would mean there are less than 32,000 black American PWC owners/riders.

Casually, PWC ownership isn't as socially acceptable or praised within black communities as owning a motorcycle, boat, classic car or other form of motorized toy. There aren't very many songs by Jay-Z talking about "rollin' in his FX SVHO..."

8. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1

Casually, PWC ownership isn't as socially acceptable or praised within black communities as owning a motorcycle, boat, classic car or other form of motorized toy. There aren't very many songs by Jay-Z talking about "rollin' in his FX SVHO..."

Well there should be...

Banned User
    +1
    How did you come up with the 250,000 active PWC users? I would think there are far more PWCs out there. Or is that the active users own 5 of them like I do?

+1
    It's Economics..
    PWCs are toys and a expensive hobby when you consider most but not all blacks live in the inna city and the time to drive to areas for boating the gas and possibly launch fees for a day,lower to middle working class blacks simply would find a financial burden..

I grew up in the inna city of NYC (the Bronx) never even saw or really notice a PWC till I was 49 yrs old,they were around its just as something you rented on vacation..lol

Wasnt till my wife and the kids bought a house near the water that I saw one up close...

You do see black celebrities on them in the news from time to time..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information