Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Anybody else have their Greenhulk acct Hacked?

I received this today... The IP comes back to the UAE.. I don't think means it's really coming from there.. might be- might not be.
    Justa FYI.... Mods and whom ever might be interested.

Dear giguchan,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Greenhulk Personal Watercraft Performance Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 195.229.192.46

All the best,
    Greenhulk Personal Watercraft Performance Forums

+1
    Hopefully mods can tell who else logged in from that IP address...

+1
    That would be all well and good.. IF.... they really came from there.. they could be Hiding behind a proxy server or using one of the many thousand programs that hide where you REALLY are... I'll just made my PW harder to hack .. that's all I can do... I think it's all any of use can do... Oh- that and wait for the Spring time... got 20 degrees here now.... Hardly Kawasaki weather!!!

+1
    I haven't had that happen but once Friday and once Saturday when trying to post it would take me to a confirmation page where I had to enter the "captcha" code before it let me post...which is usually a security measure against spam bots.

+1
    Hmmmm.
    Thanks for that update...... it would be nice if people just left OTHER people alone... I have a friend who lives in AZ... said she was cold the other day... it was 70.
    Crossed her off my Christmas list for being a smart A$$

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by giguchan View Post
    Hmmmm.
    Thanks for that update...... it would be nice if people just left OTHER people alone... I have a friend who lives in AZ... said she was cold the other day... it was 70.
    Crossed her off my Christmas list for being a smart A$$
    It was 90 Saturday afternoon on the thermometer on my back porch. Grr...hate it. Too f'in early for this shit. I guess I shouldn't complain. Hang in there...hopefully Spring will be here for you soon enough.

+1
    I would be happy with that all year long.... here on Long Island I'll bet we don't get that during the summer... we get close though... I could be wrong though..

+1
    I would be happy with that all year long.... here on Long Island I'll bet we don't get that during the summer... we get close though... I could be wrong though..
    The $300+ a month electric bills just to keep my house at 84 June-October sucks ass though...and it still being like 106 at 2 AM...that's no fun either. lol. I've always said in Phoenix during the Summer the only difference between day and night is you can't get sunburned at night...but can still get heatstroke. lol

+1
    OK,
    You have me there.... I would not be happy with that ... I'm in a townhouse my bills are cheap. I would love all the outside things you can do all the time.... but $300 is a lotta loot.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... I'll just made my PW harder to hack .. that's all I can do... I think it's all any of use can do...
    Strong passwords ARE better than weak passwords. Use a unique password for each and every site you have an account with. Yes, it is a major hassle to have different passwords for every damn site.

Unique does not mean your normal password with a slightly different digit or letter added. Unique means each password is quite unlike the others you use. Yes, these are harder to remember.

Good passwords do not matter much if your computer itself has been compromised. If there is malware or spyware on the computer, the bad guys can see every password you enter, even if it is 'really good'. So before you worry about the passwords, start with the computer itself. The bad guys have an astonishing array of methods and penetration rates are quite high. Keeping the computer itself secure and uncompromised is hard to do, especially if you do not do this stuff for a living.

People who deal with PC security all the time know that the ratio of 'clean' to 'dirty' computers is often surprising to the people using those computers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information