35. You may not vote on this poll
  • GTR

11 31.43%
  • RXT-X

24 68.57%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

looking at buying a ski choices 2014 GTR or 2014 RXT-X

Ok so I'm looking at buying a ski and I have watched all kinds of videos reading what I can about the 2. I still can't figure out what to do. Mainly is the rxt-x worth the extra cash? Are the hulls that much of difference?

Here is a little history and what my primary use will be.
    haven't bought a ski since the waver aider so it's been some time. I have raced hairscrambles 10 years ago on 450R. been riding sleds for 17 years. Always buy x models there considering the adjustable shocks. I'm actually on my way back rite now from the UP.

So my main use will be on the Illinois river some lakes. But mainly gonna go to river jump wake and play around. Take some rides to different beaches and stuff. Not sure if I will pull any tube or skiers. But will opt for a 3 seater just in case. Will probably have some chick's riding with me so the added room will be nice.

Ok now down to the nitty gritty on OTD price

14 GTR with trailer cover tie downs 4 year warranty 11,800
    14 RXT-X same way 14,800 OTD
    Last edited by Phishphan1995; 02-17-2015 at 11:26 AM.

+1
    Shoot me a PM, I am very sure I can kill that price on a RXTX!!! I do not have any left over GTR's so I can not quote you a price on that...

It may be worth your drive to see me to save some $$$$$$

More power equals more fun. Go for the RXT-X 260. Have you also considered the RXT 260 without the X package?

+1
    I ask myself that same question six months ago. For me it was between the GTR and the RXT X. GTR $11642 otd RXT X was $13700 otd. Yes the RXT is faster and more efficient hull. However for me the choice was GTR. The reason is because I've also come from a quad riding background and love the way the GTR handles it's just a blast. It has been described as the flat tracker of Jetskis. I have run a few Rivers here in Florida and it goes just fine. Lots of twisting rivers a lot of fun. But when you want to play around it gets even better. You can slap 180s nail it right back through the same line you came in LOVE my GTR

5. +1 by:

+1
    Let me clarify rxt is faster with mods. Both will hit the same top speed stock

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    GTR fan here, too...

Tiny will make you a smokin' deal on the RXT-X,
    go there.

The T-X & GTR are just 2 different hulls - both with burn a full tank of gas in 1 hour if you ride it like you stole it, and top out at 68ish until you do something to get past the 'limiters'.

+1
    I talked to tiny he did have a great deal. My local dealer is almost as close 300 difference so gonna keep my money local. He was a awesome guy to talk to.

I'm just so not sure which route to go. 4G difference is quit a bit of money is the rxt-x really worth it? I'm not talking a loan I am paying cash not that really makes a huge difference but think when a person gets a loan it's a not a hard choice but when they take there cash it's a different feeling want to make sure I'm not just throwing the money in the water.. for some reason I just like the way the rxt looks compared to the gtr. It would be nice if someone had some pictures of both skis sitting in the water.. that could see.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phishphan1995 View Post
    Ok so I'm looking at buying a ski and I have watched all kinds of videos reading what I can about the 2. I still can't figure out what to do. Mainly is the rxt-x worth the extra cash? Are the hulls that much of difference?

Here is a little history and what my primary use will be.
    haven't bought a ski since the waver aider so it's been some time. I have raced hairscrambles 10 years ago on 450R. been riding sleds for 17 years. Always buy x models there considering the adjustable shocks. I'm actually on my way back rite now from the UP.

So my main use will be on the Illinois river some lakes. But mainly gonna go to river jump wake and play around. Take some rides to different beaches and stuff. Not sure if I will pull any tube or skiers. But will opt for a 3 seater just in case. Will probably have some chick's riding with me so the added room will be nice.

Ok now down to the nitty gritty on OTD price

14 GTR with trailer cover tie downs 4 year warranty 11,800
    14 RXT-X same way 15,800 OTD
    $15,800 seems like a lot for a left over RXT-X. With that said, I don't think a $4,000 difference is worth it for what you are looking to do with the ski. In stock form they will both jump wakes, be "playful" and allow for the same amount of "chicks".

Quote Originally Posted by Phishphan1995 View Post
    I talked to tiny he did have a great deal. My local dealer is almost as close 300 difference so gonna keep my money local. He was a awesome guy to talk to.

I'm just so not sure which route to go. 4G difference is quit a bit of money is the rxt-x really worth it? I'm not talking a loan I am paying cash not that really makes a huge difference but think when a person gets a loan it's a not a hard choice but when they take there cash it's a different feeling want to make sure I'm not just throwing the money in the water.. for some reason I just like the way the rxt looks compared to the gtr. It would be nice if someone had some pictures of both skis sitting in the water.. that could see.
    Have you considered a used ski since price seems important to you and you'll be paying cash?

To give you an idea of what a good price is , last year around this time I purchased a 2014 RXT-X 260 with a load rite trailer, spare tire for the trailer and a cover for the ski, I paid $15100 out the door tax,title and tags. I could of got a 2013 leftover with trailer for $13900 out the door

+1
    Here some pics of my GTR bud Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	351652Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	351653

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information